Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

October 29, 2010 - One-Way Star Alliance Awards Are Now Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October 29, 2010 - One-Way Star Alliance Awards Are Now Available

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This has been the rumor for a couple of weeks now. I doubt anyone who knows one way or the other will stick out their neck and preempt an official announcement.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This has been the rumor for a couple of weeks now. I doubt anyone who knows one way or the other will stick out their neck and preempt an official announcement.
Many thanks - I wondered if there was an official announcement or not, guess I will take my chances and wait until 29th and call back.

Is there a thread on here about this topic?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JoshThomas
Is there a thread on here about this topic?
There are a few that have mentioned it. The most recent is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...eg-begins.html
Old Oct 25, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I talked to an agent today. He said that agent can book *A one way award beginning 10/29. I have a *A round trip C class award on hold. He told me to rebook this flight after 10/29 for half of the miles. But I am not sure why there is no public UA announcement yet regarding *A One Way award.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by kaboom36
But I am not sure why there is no public UA announcement yet regarding *A One Way award.
Because it's not official? UA has gotten seriously burned announcing things early, as have most other companies.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:15 pm

I just got off the phone with a 1K agent, who confirmed that one-way *A awards will start this Friday, 29Oct.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I just got off the phone with a 1K agent, who confirmed that one-way *A awards will start this Friday, 29Oct.
I can't wait to book *A one-way C award this Friday!

This is an awesome move by UA. ^^
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA, BA, B6, DL, UA 1K, VA, VX
IF this is true, you do realize that it probably is just for domestic, right? Because, right now we can only book COA and USA domestically under a *A Award. Did not UAL previously announce that one-way *A domestic would be coming soon?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by retsef
IF this is true, you do realize that it probably is just for domestic, right? Because, right now we can only book COA and USA domestically under a *A Award. Did not UAL previously announce that one-way *A domestic would be coming soon?
I'm not sure about your logic.

Why don't we wait another day or two and find out what the policy will change to?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Just another data point. Called today to book a TPAC trip for next month. Found C on Asiana on out bound; Y on return on AC. Agent advised me to call back this Friday to book two one-way for less mileage credit.

Last edited by lax2010; Oct 27, 2010 at 7:11 pm
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Hopefully United wont make this a big deal.
There is still tons of people out there that use united.com as the end all of availability, and dont even know that you can redeem on Star Alliance. Lets not remind them you can

Ready to book a one-way from Asia on 10/29!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax2010
Just another data point. Called today to book a TPAC trip for next month. Found C on Asian on out bound; Y on rerun on AC. Agent advised me to call back this Friday to book two one-way for less mileage credit.
That lends credence to it being system wide. I've several UA o/w awards booked and already have my *A alternatives lined up.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:03 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone who called asked about stopover rules with the one-ways? Surely they're in the profile/agent information update.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mymiles2go
Out of curiosity, has anyone who called asked about stopover rules with the one-ways? Surely they're in the profile/agent information update.
Stopovers are not allowed on a UA o/w award.

If UA does begin allowing o/w *A awards there is no way a stopover will be allowed. The big question is whether stopovers will continue to be allowed on a r/t.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:32 am

Just called about this (I thought today was Friday, seriously!). The agent confirmed it will be possible to book *A one-ways tomorrow, but that it wasn't supposed to be released to the public... so she was hesitant to give any further information.

This is a great development though, United miles value will increase greatly starting tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.