Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2003, 7:47 pm

Agree..so useful that I actually PRINTED it.

It's a pity that the saver award classes (e.g., N,E,O,R) aren't shown in the regular (paid travel) search engine where you go to check loads. It results in going back and forth...not easy.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Added an update re the great new 1K "Sweet Spot" SWU upgrades seeing that flychic has kindly posted scans of them and full rules and conditions text along with callidac.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 5:07 pm

Glen,

Kudos!!
A great thread. You are truely an asset to Flyertalk.

I was lerking here to find out about sweet spot certs. Do you think it will affect AA fliers? Do you think AA would match due to competitive pressures?

Please reply on AA board. This question has been asked already by Martin33

------------------
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill
and a laxative on the same flight.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental
illness."
Old Jul 7, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
I'm booked on a United H fare NRT to BKK in August, and am waitlisted for a business class upgrade.

Looking at availability I see:

F9 C9 D7 Y9 B8 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K5 L0 G0 A7 Z7

Question: Why is there no "I" fare listed (not even with a zero availability)?

Also, can anyone who is on that run regularly tell me the likelihood of the upgrade coming through? I don't have United status (though I will after this trip - yay!). I'm in the same situation on the return as well.

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2003, 10:21 pm

Does this still work? When I try to check availability for award travel, I just get a standard message of, "No Qualifying Flights" instead of any inventory information. I've gone in and checked my display preferences and they are set to "expert" mode. If I try and make a non-award reservation, I also don't get the detailed inventory info, only "First Y" "Biz Y" "Coach Y".
I even tried changing my display preferences from expert to no preference and back again in case the system needed to be reset and it made no difference.
Does everyone else still see the inventory info?
Thanks,
Chris
Old Jul 26, 2003, 2:54 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
oz, thanks again for this. I did as instructed and the typical code looks like this:

F9 C9 D7 Y9 B8 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K5 L0 G0 A7 Z7

I don't see the "E" fare for example. Wha' happened?
Old Aug 14, 2003, 1:24 pm

What a great resource, thanks.

I am US Gold but my client booked me on UA in S Class. I'm getting over no upgrade, but I'm concerned my miles won't transfer at all. I couldn't find when S class tix don't receive credit (let alone if they xfer to US).

Any experiences? Thx!
Old Aug 14, 2003, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I had several U.S. domestic flights in June booked in S-class, I was also very concerned about getting miles. My AC number showed up on the boarding pass as usual and miles were posted after two days, no problems at all.
However, make sure that it is a published "S" fare, e.g. listed in Expedia.com's fare calender.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am not sure of the thread that caused the master list to have this comment:

S = Real Lowball Economy with lot of restrictions. Not always mile earning

But it certainly would have been as some here reported and linked to a buyable fare that clearly stated no miles could be earned on THAT fare.

One way to find out is to phone UA, and ask an agent to read over the fare rules they see for that fare.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah. I get miles on United S fares all the time. I've even automatically received miles on S fares where it said I wouldn't earn miles in the Fare Rules.

So I don't know what's up on this S fare/miles thing.

As a result of my own experience and reports, I personally don't hesitate to purchase S fares even if they state "no miles earned" in the Fare Rules, as long as it's all on United metal.

I suppose I could regret doing this someday, but I'll deal with that if it ever happens, as I consider any $$$ fare paid ticket I purchase directly from United Airlines via their web site or telephone reservations, to qualify for full Mileage Plus credits.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
I consider any $$$ fare paid ticket I purchase directly from United Airlines via their web site or telephone reservations, to qualify for full Mileage Plus credits.</font>
Indeed, PremEx, Indeed.

Unless and until United offers clear qualifying language that says otherwise, it seems to me that if you buy a ticket from them and they don't tell you it isn't mileage earning then it darn well better earn miles.

And I won't listen to "you should have read the fare rules" because, no, I shouldn't have. They're not written to be understood. Often times CSRs don't understand them. As a customer it's not my job.

United offers mileage plus. And mileage plus awards 1 mile per mile flown, with 500 minimum per segment (a couple of small exceptions earn 250 minimum miles and those have made me mad before). Plus bonuses.

If I buy a ticket from someone else, it's not United's fault if that someone else fails to inform me that I won't earn miles.

But United knows that a strong reason for offering a frequent flyer program is that it encourages more United ticket purchases. They've taught me to assume I get miles, and it's been to their benefit.

If they don't award miles and they don't tell me, they're really just undermining their own loyalty program in which they've invested hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.

Betcha they would ultimately credit the miles 'as an exception.'

But, as observed above, the same logic wouldn't necessarily apply to tickets purchased via another website or travel agent, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 7:32 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I have flown several domestic R/Ts this year on S fare class and received credit for all segments.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
what a great site BUMP
Old Oct 10, 2003, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Updated to note that United Bereavement Fares are booked in "Q" class.

Fare basis QRCARE

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/022569.html

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from UA 747-400 exit row 15A near you SOON!
Old Nov 15, 2003, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Platinum
Glen, I was just searching for paid flights to Orlando next spring(TED route) and noticed that there were two new fare codes that I don't normally see on paid tickets. The codes were "E" and "U". The total listing looked like this - F9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 G0 A9 E9 U9 This particular list was for PDX-DEN so that's why first class is there but the both the E and U were also on the DEN-MCO leg.

I have never seen U before and have no idea what it is. I have seen E codes before but only when searching for award flights.

Are these new revenue fare types? and if so what is the nature of these fares?

Has United dones away with the special allocation of award seats for 1Ks?

PDX1K

[This message has been edited by PDX1K (edited Nov 15, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.