Best RCC and Worst RCC

Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
SFO international is great. DCA isn't too bad. LAX can be fun for celebrity spotting.

I don't remember which one I've been to in DEN, so I won't pass judgement.

PHX and BOS not so good.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
SFO by a nose over DCA, though the matrons at DCA are generally nicer and more helpful (perhaps because there are fewer pax in the DCA RCC for them to deal with).
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
I actually like the one in Miami...

Well, it isn't an RCC anymore, but I get into it free by showing my DC credit card.

They (Club America???) now offer FREE Wi-Fi internet, FREE OPEN BAR with a bartender, FREE high-end snacks, more comfortable seating, new carpeting...

My point is that the same facility, when run by someone other than RCC, is now excellent.

Worst clubs domestically are Atlanta and Denver -- Both too small for the number of passengers.

Best current RCC club of course is SFO!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:48 pm

What is a DC Credit card?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gomike
What is a DC Credit card?
Diners Club

I'll chime in for HNL...for the variety of tropical juices.

Last edited by ger3sf; Jul 5, 2006 at 4:25 pm
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:32 pm

Which clubs can you get in for free with a DC Credit card?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:35 pm
Suspended

There is only one standard for lounges and that is the Luftansa first class terminal in Frankfurt.....I doubt very many will every achieve this level of excellence. As far as RCC's go I would say SFO because it has the best selection of appetizers. HNL is nice but I have never seen any kind of appetizers presented there.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gomike
Which clubs can you get in for free with a DC Credit card?
Primarly outside the US (in the US, only in MIA and EWR)...

http://www.dinersclub.com/en/DCIHome/airport.jhtml
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UAL 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, SPG Platinum, DL MM
Originally Posted by DreamlinerI
There is only one standard for lounges and that is the Luftansa first class terminal in Frankfurt.....I doubt very many will every achieve this level of excellence. As far as RCC's go I would say SFO because it has the best selection of appetizers. HNL is nice but I have never seen any kind of appetizers presented there.
I have had sushi 2 times and brownies once at HNL
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
MIA got to be ranked pretty high if it is still open ( free booze and food).

Now looking at what we've got. DCA and SFO-International (not domestic) are the best within US I have seen in the UA network.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Exclamation

Originally Posted by m60521
I actually like the one in Miami...

Well, it isn't an RCC anymore, but I get into it free by showing my DC credit card.

They (Club America???) now offer FREE Wi-Fi internet, FREE OPEN BAR with a bartender, FREE high-end snacks, more comfortable seating, new carpeting...

My point is that the same facility, when run by someone other than RCC, is now excellent.

Worst clubs domestically are Atlanta and Denver -- Both too small for the number of passengers.

Best current RCC club of course is SFO!
As a RCC member, what lounge can I use at MIA?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm sitting in the RCC at NRT and pretty amazed at the lack of snacks.

For one thing, all that is currently available is packaged rice crackers/snack mix, a few bananas, some cream cheese and saltines, and once every 20 minutes or so an attendant will bring out a small tray of finger sandwiches (maybe a dozen) and a small tray of some sort of rice roll things (maybe 20 on the tray). As its insanely busy in here right now the food disappears rapidly and they don't seem to be in a hurry to replenish it.

This has always been one of my favorite RCC's and in the past I don't recall the pickings being so slim. Granted its been over a year since my last visit.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm sitting in the RCC at NRT and pretty amazed at the lack of snacks.
Run, do not walk, to the NH lounge and enjoy some sushi and a bowl of Udon noodles. Then ask for a serving of ice cream. Soon the NRT RCC will be but a distant memory.....
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CarlTheWebmaster
Run, do not walk, to the NH lounge and enjoy some sushi and a bowl of Udon noodles. Then ask for a serving of ice cream. Soon the NRT RCC will be but a distant memory.....
Also, you can enjoy WiFi that works and will find plenty of open seats. I love the NH lounge at NRT
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:24 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by CarlTheWebmaster
Originally Posted by andyh64000
Also, you can enjoy WiFi that works and will find plenty of open seats. I love the NH lounge at NRT
Hmmmm.....wondering if I might make the jaunt over there. I have another 2+ hours to kill before my flight...Its that good huh? Long walk from UA gates?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.