FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Optathlon Game on United's Website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1107650-optathlon-game-uniteds-website.html)

UAPremierGuy Jul 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Optathlon Game on United's Website

My apologies if this has already been posted. It appears that there are new games on .bomb. They're actually pretty fun. Who has the high score? Which FTer? You can instantly win a variety of prizes including a 10% e-cert, which I just won ^, or for GMs, E+ access, RCC access, Premier Line, etc. You can also win a sweepstakes prize of (holds pinkie finger to mouth) 1 MILLION Miles!

AirShuttle6162 Jul 20, 2010 5:49 pm

It is pretty fun, Ive played it a little bit at work today. Both times I won a 10% E-Cert

Nelumbo Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

I just got two 10%-off ecerts this afternoon.

DBCme Jul 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Also won the 10% off cert.

Terms and Conditions for Ten Percent e-Certificate Discount Prizes
Permitted Travel Area: Travel is permitted within the United States. Purchase is valid on U.S. point-of-sale only.
Discount Amount: Ten Percent (10%) off a qualifying round trip domestic purchase. The discount applies only to the base fare, and not to any taxes, fees or surcharges, including, but not limited to Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs), departure and arrival taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges. Total price shown on united.com is inclusive of excise taxes, fees and surcharges.
Eligibility Restrictions: This discount may only be applied to the purchase of new tickets and may not be applied to a previously issued ticket.
Valid Carrier: United® and United Express® only. Not valid on flights operated by other airlines, such as United-Marketed code share and Star Alliance Flights.
Ticketing Dates: July 12, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
Travel Dates: July 12, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
Blackout Dates: Per rule of fare purchased.
Advance Purchase: Per rule of fare purchased.
Min/Max Stay Requirements: Per rule of fare purchased.
Valid Routing: Any permitted United routing.
Stopovers: Per rule of fare purchased.
Qualifying Fares: This discount may be used on the following published United First® (F,A) class, United Business® (J,C,D,Z) class United Economy® (Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q,V,W,S,T,L,K) class fares.
Restricted Fares: This discount may not be used on the following fares: companion, travel industry G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, tour basing, senior discount, student, youth, infant, Around the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA, or any non published fares.
Additional Taxes and Fees: All taxes, fees and carrier imposed surcharges are additional.
Fare Rules: All rules of the fare purchased apply.
Combinability: Not combinable with any other discount offers.
Maximum number of uses per certificate: One
Maximum number of passengers per itinerary: 6, all passengers must be ticketed in the same reservation/record locator
Ticketing: Discount only applies when ticket is purchased within the 50 United States. All dollar levels are stated in U.S. currency.
Residual Value of Certificate/Discount: When the discount certificate amount is greater than the cost of the ticket, the difference will be forfeited.
Mileage Plus® Accrual: Permitted
Upgrades: To determine if the fare purchased with this discount allows the use of an upgrade certificate, refer lathe terms, conditions and booking class restrictions associated with the upgrade type you are using.
Changes: Rules of the fare determine if changes are permitted. If changes are allowed, there may be service charges and fees associated with a change. You will receive the value of the discounted ticket, less any of the aforementioned service charges and/or fees, towards the purchase of a new ticket.
Refunds: This discount is non-refundable. Once used, the discount will not be reissued for future use. Any refund due is based on the amount actually paid, minus any service fees. The discount may not be applied toward the purchase of another ticket when exchanging or refunding your original ticket, except when the original ticket qualifies for a reduced fare (guaranteed airfare rule applies).
Denied Boarding Compensation: Permitted
Transfer of certificate: This certificate is not transferable.
Note: Offer subject to availability and may not be available on all flights/dates.

exerda Jul 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Not surprisingly, 10% here, too. Does that mean UA is raising/has raised fares by 10% or more? ;)

Quasiconvexity Jul 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Fun indeed. Won 3 10% off e-certs - now to hope United doesnt jack up fares by that amount or higher!

mherdeg Jul 20, 2010 6:28 pm

This is probably a promotion to match the recent AA 10% off coupon.

FriendlySkies Jul 20, 2010 6:31 pm

I've tried loading each game, and each time it fails.. :(

bk3day Jul 20, 2010 6:31 pm

FYI - NY & FL Residents

are not eligible for Instant Prizes.

However, NY & FL residents are eligible for the Grand & 1st Prizes

ELIGIBILITY:
Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (CDT) on 7/19/2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on 10/15/2010 ("Entry Period"). Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, except that residents of Florida and New York are eligible only to win the Grand Prize and the First Place prizes, and who are at least the legal age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry. Employees of United Air Lines, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its advertising or promotion, agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities"), their subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited and subject to all laws.

sidestep Jul 20, 2010 6:39 pm

sorry for the question- how does one get to the game?

mahasamatman Jul 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by sidestep (Post 14336398)
how does one get to the game?

Scroll through the ads on the main page, or wait until it gets to the last one.

snark Jul 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 14336270)
Not surprisingly, 10% here, too. Does that mean UA is raising/has raised fares by 10% or more? ;)

Most likely. I think they give one per e-mail. Very weird.

mahasamatman Jul 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by snark (Post 14336495)
I think they give one per e-mail.

They seem to give as many as you want.

MayorMcKnife Jul 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 14336366)
I've tried loading each game, and each time it fails.. :(

Did it prompt you to download Unity (et al) drivers? If not, your may have a browser issue. It's probably not going to run on 99% of our browsers without everything they want to load onto our PCs.

Thx - OP! A pretty fun set of games and an easy 10% code!

FriendlySkies Jul 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife (Post 14336618)
Did it prompt you to download Unity (et al) drivers? If not, your may have a browser issue. It's probably not going to run on 99% of our browsers without everything they want to load onto our PCs.

Thx - OP! A pretty fun set of games and an easy 10% code!

Thanks, I figured it out. Just had to close Firefox... I saw scores for iluv and exerda, to name a few.. By the way, how did you receive your 10% coupon?