Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optathlon Game on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I've tried and failed for the Instant Win every day since this launched. I keep failing till I get the "try again tomorrow" message.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:47 pm

RCC day pass

Has anyone won the RCC day pass yet? Or is that a future consolation prize for The Big Drawing?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by JCBIII
Has anyone won the RCC day pass yet? Or is that a future consolation prize for The Big Drawing?
Maybe only an option when using the (not yet available) iPhone game? From the T&C that my 10% cert linked to:

http://www.optathlon.com/officialrules/

Also, after playing all five of the games, eligible participants who enter directly via the website have a chance to win an instant prize, which is a ten percent e-certificate discount applicable to a future united.com flight purchase. Winners will see a screen that says they are an instant winner and a code will subsequently be e-mailed to them. Participants who are not Instant Winners will receive a screen notifying them of that. Instant Winners who entered via mobile device will have a chance to win an instant prize after playing each of the two games. Instant winners can choose either an (1) Economy Plus upgrade (if they are in-airport, they must show winning screen on their phone to a United gate agent, who will upgrade their ticket) (ARV=$9 to $109), (2) a Premier Line upgrade (same as above) (ARV=$19-$49), (3) a Red Carpet Club one-time pass (same as above except this will have an 15 digit code which the winner must also show to a Red Carpet Club agent for access to club) (ARV=$39-$50), or (4) an e-certificate discount, which will be emailed to the winner.

Of course, it also seems to that say you have to play all five games on the website to have a chance to be an instant winner, and there are only two games so far.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
10% ecert for 2 passengers

The rules for the 10% ecert state "Maximum number of passengers per itinerary: 6, all passengers must be ticketed in the same reservation/record locator" but when I try to book a flight for two passengers I get the following error message "The selected number of passengers is not valid for this promotion. Please revise your entry." Anyone know how to correct this?

Last edited by dsorota; Jul 23, 2010 at 8:53 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by dsorota
The rules for the 10% ecert state "Maximum number of passengers per itinerary: 6, all passengers must be ticketed in the same reservation/record locator" but when I try to book a flight for two passengers I get the following error message "The selected number of passengers is not valid for this promotion. Please revise your entry." Anyone know how to correct this?
I called web support and they manually discounted my 2 person itinerary.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Just came in at #7
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I like that "jump over the line" one a lot. Had me laughing like a kid. Haven't won anything, yet, though. I am pretty clumsy in the dexterity department
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Tried the web app again today and didn't win. It immediately (after first attempt) told me to try again tomorrow.

The iPhone app is out now (search for Optathalon in App Store). Same two games. When you pick "Instant Prize", it asks you if you're at the airport and if yes, it asks which one. Then you can pick what you want to win (premier line, RCC one-time pass, 10% cert, something-else-I-forget). Then you enter the email and it tells you whether you won or not. I didn't win, so I don't know for sure if the RCC one-time pass that I picked as my choice would have restricted me to using it today at my airport choice (SFO).

If you choose "not at an aiport", you can win the 10% off cert just like on the web (and I didn't win that either).
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
I am addicted to these silly games! Have not won anything nor am I in a top 10 position. Just having fun!

My site says the iPhone app is coming. Can anyone confirm it is available?

It appears it is alive as of 7/22. Downloading it now

Last edited by ILeftMyHeartInTexas; Jul 23, 2010 at 2:22 pm Reason: new info
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILeftMyHeartInTexas
My site says the iPhone app is coming. Can anyone confirm it is available?
See my post right above yours
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
grrr I keep hitting dove wings every time I get a rocket.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not a fan of simple games. Tried it three times and got the 10% off certificate. If it is this easy, may try it more often....
Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:04 pm

I get this error when I try to use the 10% off e-cert (travel dates: dep 08/07, ret 10/09) ... anybody know why?

The selected duration of stay is not valid for this promotion. Please revise your entry.

Last edited by malgudi; Jul 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm
Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by malgudi
I get this error when I try to use the 10% off e-cert (travel dates: dep 08/07, ret 10/09) ... anybody know why?

The selected duration of stay is not valid for this promotion. Please revise your entry.
Violating the T&Cs somehow?

Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:48 pm

Unlikely ... I looked through the rules before.

I called UA and they booked my ticket with the discount! Weird.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Violating the T&Cs somehow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.