Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optathlon Game on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
Apparently, all the certs they were giving out earlier was a bug...Tried to instant win 5 times (using various e-mail addresses) and was told that I didn't win, and nothing sent to any of the addresses.

That being said, I'm currently sitting in 4th on the line jump game.
does seem to be tougher to win today -- a few quick wins yesterday and nothing after 5-6 tries today
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
So can you keep clicking instant win and eventually get it?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
So can you keep clicking instant win and eventually get it?
After 4-5 tries, the message started saying "try again tomorrow" instead of just "try again". Couldn't tell if it had anything to do with playing the game again vs. just re-clicking the instant win button....I tried both.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Anyone having luck with the 10% working for more than one passenger? It says a limit of 6, but when I put in two, it gives me an error message.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:24 pm

Anyone try it from an iphone? a friend who has it won $50 off. I'm wondering if there are different prizes for smart phones
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MrAOK
Anyone try it from an iphone? a friend who has it won $50 off. I'm wondering if there are different prizes for smart phones
For me the app still says, "Coming soon"
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by dulcamara
How do you get the player to install. I've tried and failed to install it several times.

I've tried safari, firefox, and chrome.
Everything works at home. At work I have a 1TB RAID drive + MAC RAID card, which may be confusing the install.

I'm not winning much anyhow.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
I won only once last two days with multiple plays. I wonder if the browser saves cache/cookie on the computer and if you win once your winning chance goes down or something.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:34 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Anyone having luck with the 10% working for more than one passenger? It says a limit of 6, but when I put in two, it gives me an error message.
Same error here.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
This is kind of cool. Won the 10% discount on my first try. Is there a limit to how many we can win?

Originally Posted by dulcamara
The download for the Unity player doesn't seem to work on Macs. I unpack the .dmg, the install seems to work, but I keep getting the prompt to do the install. Restarting the browser does not help.
Worked on my mac, OS 10.6.4

Originally Posted by nnn
Oops, I guess I should have read the T&C more closely. I was trying to use it on a one-way, whereas the certificates require a round trip.
I thought a one way was ok per the rules:

10. Valid Routing: Any permitted United routing. from T&C

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 22, 2010 at 5:03 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I hate those darned wings! Makes you lose any kind of momentum you generated.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I played the Line Jump Hero game and thought that I did pretty well, except that I was only about #300 on the leaderboard. I like the game -- it's very stylishly done in my opinion.

And I won the 10% e-cert on my first try; second attempt said to try again tomorrow.

Thanks OP! I probably would have never taken note of the game otherwise.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Gold
I like how the games will be made into an iPhone app, but there still isn't an official united.com app!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by saaws
I won only once last two days with multiple plays. I wonder if the browser saves cache/cookie on the computer and if you win once your winning chance goes down or something.

The site does a really good job of caching my information. I delete all of my browsing history daily (including cookies) and run a Cyber Srub program that clears out all hidden internet and document temporary files and makes them untraceable. The optathlon website still remembered my e-mail address after playing the game. The only other website that I found to hold that type for information after cleaning IE and scrubbing is pandora radio.

Perhaps UA is using this to limit chances as you suggest. (BTW, haven't won 10% e-cert yet after 5 tries yesterday and today).
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UALurkerORD
The site does a really good job of caching my information. I delete all of my browsing history daily (including cookies) and run a Cyber Srub program that clears out all hidden internet and document temporary files and makes them untraceable. The optathlon website still remembered my e-mail address after playing the game. The only other website that I found to hold that type for information after cleaning IE and scrubbing is pandora radio.
Those settings are stored in the adobe flash player settings and you can clean that out here: Adobe Link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.