Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL upgrade success/failure tracking website [Please use Website for Posting Results]

UAL upgrade success/failure tracking website [Please use Website for Posting Results]

Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:48 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

At ORD right now.

Bought a ticket yesterday around 4 pm for a flight this morning. As I had 90 upgrades, I wanted to upgrade it using a 500 to see what happened. The upgrade was confirmed on the spot.

When I checed in at GS, I asked her if this was a comp. She said that the screen said so.

So I just logged on to see if they took an upgrade out. It looks like all 90 of them are gone and there is no record that they were ever there. (When I have had an upgrades expire, they are listed in the "Other Activity" category.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Elite status: 1K
Routing: SFO-DEN
Day of week/Date/Time of day: FRI/Mar19/07:12
Plane type: 757
When cleared: Fri/Mar19/1:00am
Booking code: L
Empty F seats: 4
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: CO Gold (RIP UA), AA PLT (2MM), MR PLT
Elite status: 1P
Routing: SFO-DEN
Day of week/Date/Time of day: SUN/Mar21/15:47
Plane type: 752
When cleared: Thu/Mar17/15:45
Booking code: ?
Empty F seats: ?

Last edited by jk5598224; Mar 20, 2010 at 5:39 am
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by climmy
Checked in just now (05:45) for my 07:50 departure SFO-IAD.

Moved from Z to F automatically. Hoo-freakin-ray! Z fares are finally good for an upgrade!

So UDU works for biz->F as well. I was wondering if it was only for Y->C.
Interesting. I thought PS flight or 3 cabin flight are excluded from UDU.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
Elite status: 1P
Routing: SFO-PDX
Day of week/Date/Time of day: FRI/Mar19/22:25
Plane type: 320
When cleared: 72 hr window
Booking code: S
Still 7 F seats left at check-in this morning. Requested with e500s but none required today.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K
Elite status: 1K
Routing: LAX-SFO
Day of week/Date/Time of day: Tue/Mar23/06:30
When cleared: 100 hr window
Booking code: S

Last edited by sbellman; Mar 19, 2010 at 8:39 am Reason: clarification
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
FINALLY got my BOS-SFO upgrade taken care of. I checked this morning online and it said "confirmed." I figured it would be no big deal, but at the airport, the agents wanted to take e500s from me. They "regretted to inform me" that I didn't have any left. I had to explain the whole thing to htem. They were like oh that's today? then they couldn't figure it out. Then they asked if i wanted to use my confirmed regional. i was like no.... anyhow, they called the help desk, etc etc, and after about 20 minutes, i had an F BP. So it has been a long saga, but at least it happened.

Originally Posted by sjlin0121
no. just p.s.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 19, 2010 at 9:26 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Whitethug
Hey, just thought I would share my experience.

I'm a Premier Exec flying from Charlotte to Chicago, was not listed as automatic when I checked in. But at the gate I asked the agents about the upgrade policy, they made the request and I was moved to United First.

They also said that it's still new for gate agents, so if you don't have anything in your account indicating an upgrade, ask at the gate.

Alright, bloody mary time.
I don't have any flights in the clearing window for a few more days, but I thought I would be the first to welcome Whitehug to FT!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: lowly UA MP Premier
Elite status: 2P
Routing: ABQ-DEN
Day of week/Date/Time of day: SUN/Mar21/06:40
When cleared: Fri/Mar19/approx 8:00AM
Booking code: W
Empty F seats: 9

Had to call UA ( India ) as F did not clear or show WL, pending, etc. Was given many excuses, clearly staff not adequately trained in UDU policy. Finally got supervisor who manually added UDU WL and first flight has cleared. Connecting flight shows WL and flights for end of week show PENDING.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I called on my itineraries as well and was told that "sometime later today" they would be automatically applied but she put them all in manually right now. Only one was within the window and it was waitlisted, so all the others are pending. My Itineraries now reflects this.

Interesting on the e500s disappearing, mine went POOF too. Wonder if/when the miles for them come in...
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: UAL-1K/MM, Marriott-Lifetime Platinum, SPG - Platinum
I am GS. Booked ORD to YYC (OB 3/22 RT 3/25) 2 weeks ago. Received phone call notification on Wednesday confirming my Monday afternoon flight to YYC had been upgraded. This was 120 hours out.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:16 am

Pleasantly surprised...

Elite status: 2P
Routing: DEN-PVR
Day of week/Date/Time of day: Sat 3/20; 08:45
Plane type: A320
When cleared: 48 hour mark
Booking code: Q

Last edited by Self Loathing Freight; Mar 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by Self Loathing Freight
Upgraded about 48 hours out for 20 Mar, DEN - PVR, me and the Mrs. I am 1P. Also noted that my 8 500-milers were wiped from the system. Hopefully get the same result PVR - DEN on 27 Mar.
Just so everyone knows (and my data doesnt look skewed) Im including this as an AM flight... Looked it up and 20Mar only shows one flt for DEN-PVR. Counting as 1 upgrade success since I assume it's on the same PNR.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:33 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

Please help keep this thread limited to its purpose, as a summary report of UDU's cleared or failed, per post 1. Also, the OP has noted that graphical data will be forthcoming to summarize the individual posts.

Discussion of UDU issues, generally, are welcome here. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Co-moderator.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:51 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by sjlin0121
No, just PS and 3 cabin 757 (that is ps)(and intl) flights out of North America. Sorry Mod, I know it off topic, but it a reply to a question posted on this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.