Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

GoGo Internet on p.s. Flights (Prices, Codes, Experiences, etc.)

GoGo Internet on p.s. Flights (Prices, Codes, Experiences, etc.)

Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Been awhile since anyone had posted a GoGo PS wi-fi update
-- 1 Hour $10
-- 3 Hour $20
-- while flight $21.95

Surprized the prices have gone up that much
Wow, that is a big increase, even from earlier this year.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I used GOGO on a flight on US last week. I experienced no problems. The connection was a TAD slow, and at $6 a pop, it wasn't a good value. But I had work that needed to get done, so I was grateful for the service.

Some have complained that VPN performance on GOGO is poor. But it worked fine for me. Mind you, I just used Outlook, not streaming video (Lync, LiveMeeting, etc.) so I can't judge how it would have performed with other applications.

I just wish that UA and US would put this on a large percentage of its fleet. This is the most gaping hole in UA's domestic service.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LEONIDES
I just wish that UA and US would put this on a large percentage of its fleet. This is the most gaping hole in UA's domestic service.
UA is rolling out satellite-based solution for all planes other than p.s. Should be 300+ done by end of 2013 and the rest done in 2014.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
UA is rolling out satellite-based solution for all planes other than p.s. Should be 300+ done by end of 2013 and the rest done in 2014.
But it isn't going to be the entire fleet, is it? Are they going to put this in the fleet used from TPAC and TATL flights? Is WIFI service even possible on those routes, over the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
But it isn't going to be the entire fleet, is it? Are they going to put this in the fleet used from TPAC and TATL flights? Is WIFI service even possible on those routes, over the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans?
yes (mainline -- believe PS may stay with gogo), yes, yes -- use of satellite based wifi allows for ww coverage vs terrestrial based gogo. But present plans will take till end ? of 2014? to be completed.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm Reason: timeline
Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
LH uses a satellite solution for their intercontinental fleet. Speed and price aren't bad considering you can connect 40,000 feet over Greenland.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.