Wiki Posts
Search

Sticker with Black Triangle on A319

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2003, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Sticker with Black Triangle on A319

I was in Row 9 today on ORD-DCA and noticed a sticker with a black triangle pointing up on the wall above the window. Any ideas what this is for?
Old Apr 15, 2003, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
It's a marking to let flight crew know of the Airbus spec'd optimal location to do a FAA mandated visual inspection of the leading edge of the wing prior to departure in known icing conditions.

[This message has been edited by NickP 1K (edited 04-15-2003).]
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickP 1K:
It's a marking to let flight crew know of the Airbus spec'd optimal location to do a FAA mandated visual inspection of the leading edge of the wing prior to departure in known icing conditions.

[This message has been edited by NickP 1K (edited 04-15-2003).]
</font>
Oh, good to know. I, too, have been wondering for a while Thanks!

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Apr 15, 2003, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
One other notw... I think on the A320 there are two approved locations per wing - so there is likely two marked rows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.