Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA counters in Changi Airport-what time do they open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA counters in Changi Airport-what time do they open?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
SIN check-in

Is there anyway to check-in early for a SIN departure? I'm departing on 804 to NRT at 7:15, and would like to be there 12 hours before departure so I can use facilities in the airside. Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't believe this is possible, since UA only has flight departing in the early morning. Also, what facilities would you like to use? You can only use the lounge the same day as the flight, if that is what you are talking about.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
The UA counters close up after the morning flights, there is no one there 12 hours before.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA-1K/Life UC, AA-EXP, AF-Plat
The only way is wait until 4:30.

Even if you are at airside, SATS Premier Club (lounge) does not let you in until 4:30. They told me it is an agreement with UA.
You could use transit hotel or free internet though.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:23 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Which airside facilities is the OP addressing? The dull SATS lounge?

There's plenty of pay-per-use infrastructure in Changi post immigration but if you are not checked through, there is no way to get your BP before the morning.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.3MM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Left SIN on 804 this morning, waiting in NRT for my SFO flight (not the 838 mechanical thank god!)

Tried checking in at SIN last night and it was a no go as no agents available!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:31 am

Programs: UA 1P, Starwood Gold
I've always noticed that there was a check-in bank in terminal 1 maybe two or three down from the UA bank, which is the first one, marked "early check-in." There's always a few airlines up on the screen that I imagine are handled by SATS. I've never tried to use that service but I was wondering about it. If those other airlines are part of the system I would imagine UA is as well. Does anyone here know?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:42 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by Yankflyer
I've always noticed that there was a check-in bank in terminal 1 maybe two or three down from the UA bank, which is the first one, marked "early check-in." There's always a few airlines up on the screen that I imagine are handled by SATS. I've never tried to use that service but I was wondering about it. If those other airlines are part of the system I would imagine UA is as well. Does anyone here know?
I don't think so Yankflyer. The SIN site list the airlines with early check-in option and UA isn't one of them.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...y_checkin.html

The OP should just enjoy Singapore for a few more hours. Even the transit hotel will not be accessed without boarding pass.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
From personal experience, the problem is apparently the required "security check" (by the contracted officer that asks you questions) which is why SATS can't check you in.

If the OP wants this that badly, I wonder if one could check in the day before? I believe the ticket counter is still open for a short time after the flight departs (so within 24 hours of the OPs flight). You could then get your boarding pass???

I have also heard the part about the SATS lounge not letting you in the evening before... but if you are in C or F on UA you could then use your BP to get into the SKL.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I don't believe this is possible, since UA only has flight departing in the early morning. Also, what facilities would you like to use? You can only use the lounge the same day as the flight, if that is what you are talking about.

I understand that there are private lounges at SIN where you can pay a fee for admission. I was looking into those lounges. So does the check-in start at 4:30 in the morning? Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by N227UA
I understand that there are private lounges at SIN where you can pay a fee for admission. I was looking into those lounges. So does the check-in start at 4:30 in the morning? Thanks a lot!
There are a few lounges where you can pay to get in, but I'm not sure they are open that early. Besides, why would you want to check-in that early? I see that you're 1P. The Premier lines at Changi are very efficient. Even during the worst time (once they had problems with the computer), it's WAY much faster than the crowded economy lines.

Normally, I just came around 5 or even later, waited a while at the 1K line, and off to go to SATS lounge, which is sufficient enough for me (I like their fish/chicken congee). That way, I still have ample time to browse the just-opened bookstore or DFS. Trust me, it's not as bad as in US' airports.

Michael
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt Diamond
Questions Regaring my Travel to/from SIN on United

I will be traveling on a Silk Air flight from REP to SIN, then on a UA flight from SIN to HKG. The flight from REP arrives at 9:35 PM, and the flight to HKG departs at 6:40 AM the following day. I want to stay at the transit hotel inside the terminal which means I want to check in for the UA flight around 11 PM to get back into the terminal. What's the UA check-in counter's operating hour? Since UA operates only a few flights per day, I don't think it's going to be 24 hours. I did this before when I flew on SQ, but SQ's counter is open for 24 hours. Also, is it possible to check my bag straight to HKG?

I just found out that UA's counter is open from 4:30 AM to 2 PM. Can I ask SQ people to check in for my UA flight? Is there a Star Alliance agreement on this?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 21, 2009 at 7:54 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by blue0131
I just found out that UA's counter is open from 4:30 AM to 2 PM. Can I ask SQ people to check in for my UA flight? Is there a Star Alliance agreement on this?
You can ask, but the answer will be no. The SQ people will inform you
politely that despite signs and displays to the contrary, the UA staff
will arrive around 0440.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Check in inside the terminal

There is counter inside the terminal which airlines share but you cannot check in at 11 PM. United staff gets there around 4:00 AM or so (check with the counters - there are agents from other airlines working there).
I have gone to the Transit hotel, gotten a good nights rest and then came to check in for my flight. Never even had to get a visa, leave alone going outside the terminal.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Looks like SilkAir lands at T2, so you can still remain in airside and use transit hotel as ACC2008 says.
I'd stay at the transit hotel 'till 5:00 or so, and then go to transit desk to get UA BP.
It's been my experience (as well as violist's) that UA agents will arrive at around 4:40 at the earliest despite the sign says open from 4:30AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.