Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Subscribe
Quote: Just a hint -- Don't use the Maple Leaf Lounge! It will be hard to come back and visit any RCC in the near future!
No drink chits, though.
They're not needed.
Montreal
Looks like most of the discussion so far has been about YVR/YYZ. I'm flying into YUL, any other lounge options for a *G/RCC member going to Montreal besides the AC Maple Leaf Lounge?
The MLLs at the departure level are the only option when you fly out of/through YUL.
Quote: Looks like most of the discussion so far has been about YVR/YYZ. I'm flying into YUL, any other lounge options for a *G/RCC member going to Montreal besides the AC Maple Leaf Lounge?
Quote: Looks like most of the discussion so far has been about YVR/YYZ. I'm flying into YUL, any other lounge options for a *G/RCC member going to Montreal besides the AC Maple Leaf Lounge?
MLL is the only show in town. There are 3 at yul: domestic, transborder and international. Transborder is the nicest.
RCC Drink Chit to Canada (eh) Clarification
So, I'm sitting in the international terminal RCC at SFO waiting for my flight to YYZ (its actually arguably closer to gate 72 where my flight leaves from). As I walked in, I got a little push back from the male dragon, who asked if I would prefer the domestic club (mentioned that my flight is actually closer to here). Then I asked for drink chits and he said no drink chits for a non-overwater flight (no Canada or Mexico). Nice lady up at the rebooking desk gave me chits anyway.

So, is this the rule? It sounds like something they make up.
Quote: Then I asked for drink chits and he said no drink chits for a non-overwater flight (no Canada or Mexico). Nice lady up at the rebooking desk gave me chits anyway.

So, is this the rule? It sounds like something they make up.
As odd as it sounds, I believe that it's the rule. At least not getting chits on flights to Canada (from LAX) has been my experience.
Admittedly this is from an old version of the RCC profile, and I can't seem to find the current one in the Wiki so maybe it's changed and I missed it. But at one time at least this was clearly correct:
Quote:
34NI/ * * * INTERNATIONAL DEFINITION * * *
35NI/ TO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES EXCLUDING SAN JUAN
36NI/ CUSTOMERS WHO TRAVEL TO CANADA MEXICO AND
37NI/ CARRIBEAN DESTINATIONS WILL BE TREATED AS INTL AND
38NI/ CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE RED CARPET CLUB
39NI/ **HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO DRINK CHITS**
Might find more info in this thread from the FAQ:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Quote: ...
Might find more info in this thread from the FAQ:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
There is even a Canada/RCC thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...da-merged.html
- UA *G eligible to enter, no drink chits if not transoceanic gateway
Next time go to the Continental P-Club and enjoy a nice selection of complimentary alcoholic beverages without the need for drink chits.
Quote: Next time go to the Continental P-Club and enjoy a nice selection of complimentary alcoholic beverages without the need for drink chits.
At SFO, the PC is currently in a different terminal than UA with no connection to UA gates other than Airtrain or walking through the parking structure, both outside security.
Quote: At SFO, the PC is currently in a different terminal than UA with no connection to UA gates other than Airtrain or walking through the parking structure, both outside security.
You can walk from the PC (landside) through the int'l terminal to UA in 10 minutes or so. However, if you've already been to UA to check in/bags, etc., you will get your preflight exercise (which I've done before!)
Did United Change RCC Access for 1Ps to Canada?
Situation:

I'm at PHL as a United 1P travelling LAX-PHL-YYZ on US Air. I get denied at the PHL RCC. They say Biz or First only. I send email asking why I was denied access to [email protected] and get this as a response:

---
Regarding the issue with Canada travel and the Red Carpet Club: United will allow access to the clubs if you are in traveling to Canada and booked in Business or First Class only, not coach. This will pertain to United or any Star partner carrier in those classes of service. United will then consider the passenger as an International passenger.

I see that you were booked in Y-class economy and this was why you were denied access, bbcz Should you have further questions, please contact the Red Carpet Club at 1-866-822-5827.
---

This was actually the second email that re-enforced this notion that Canada is not international. Before I start to lose my cool, I'd like to make sure that there wasn't some policy change I wasn't aware of.

-- First Response:

> First and foremost, thank you for being a Premier Executive member of
> our Mileage Plus program. Your communication has been forwarded to my
> attention.
>
> On checking the Red Carpet Club Access policy, I find that our Premier
> Executive members need to be a member of the Red Carpet Club or
> traveling in Premier Service/International - Business and First class.

--

What's going on here?
Quote: What's going on here?
Shenanigans.
This is nonsense and I would be furious if it happened to me.

According to the Star Alliance website, the following is stated under the heading "Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class":

"Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight."

The link is here http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

No mention of C/F being necessary.
You should have been welcomed in. No question about it.

OP: Was it the 40ish matron with dark brown hair? Or perhaps the 60ish matron with dyed blonde hair? Or perhaps one of the two pudgy guys?

I hate to say it, but the PHL RCC staff leaves a great deal to be desired. Give me SAN or even IAD. The staff at in PHL can't help you with anything, IME.