Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Changes to award travel (UA only) after outbound flown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I searched and found the same question has been asked here recently with regard to a *A award, but I was wondering if the rules are the same for a UA only First Class Saver Domestic award.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1141,00.html

Changes during travel: Permitted for United segments that were booked as E-Tickets. Subject to applicable fees. Involuntary re-routing permitted on Star Alliance carriers only.
Does this mean that I can fly the outbound, then make as many changes to my UA-metal-only inbound as I want? (as long as XF is available, of course)
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by hub-captive
Does this mean that I can fly the outbound, then make as many changes to my UA-metal-only inbound as I want? (as long as XF is available, of course)
Since the close-in fee no longer exists, I believe the answer is yes.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH Oil & Energy Club
I just did this 2 weeks ago on a First Class Saver International Award all UA metal to NRT... as long as any award space is available, I changed my NRT-IAD-JFK to NRT-ORD-LGA but NRT-ORD only had XC available and they put me on the waitlist for F, which the check in agent cleared.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Since the close-in fee no longer exists, I believe the answer is yes.
The OP is talking about changes after flying the outbound, in which case the close-in fee would never have applied anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.