Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone have luck making a claim under the "Low Fare Guarantee"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have luck making a claim under the "Low Fare Guarantee"?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
I did a mixed-fare dummy booking today on United.com which quoted 2 tiers of fare class above the lowest available fare: it showed 'T' class fare, although the Fares Table showed K9 was available for the flight, and 'H' fare when L9 was available. (I was able to book the cheaper fares through a (Florida based) telephone agent). The website is supposed to give the "cheapest fares" - why didn't it in this case?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Blutak
I did a mixed-fare dummy booking today on United.com which quoted 2 tiers of fare class above the lowest available fare: it showed 'T' class fare, although the Fares Table showed K9 was available for the flight, and 'H' fare when L9 was available. (I was able to book the cheaper fares through a (Florida based) telephone agent). The website is supposed to give the "cheapest fares" - why didn't it in this case?
Because in addition to the buckets being available, there has to be a fare published that can use those buckets. So whilst K might have been available, there might have either been no K fares published, or at least none that met the conditions of what you were trying to book (advanced purchase, return v's one-way, etc).

That said, the fact a travel agent was able to book it does seem interesting - but without knowing the full details (city pairs and dates) there's no way to know exactly what was going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.