Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SYD-SFO on 2 April - What are our chances of getting on this flight?

Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A

What are our chances of getting on this flight? UA 870 SYD 15:45 SFO 11:01 744 F1 A0 J0 C0 D0 Z0 Y9 B9 M9 U0 H9 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 E0
I'm a 1K and partner is LH Senator (*G).

Last week, when I bought two tickets in J on this flight seat assignment was not available. Since then I have been able to get one seat assignment. We are also waitlisted for upgrades with SWUs but F is also full. We're coming ing from AKL but too late to catch the earlier LAX flight.

Any recommendations as to what I should do to make sure we do get on the flight and sit together - doesn't matter F or J?

Cheers

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 25, 2011 at 3:56 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Buy 2 tickets? I don't understand what the issue is - you have tickets and one upgrade or you are wondering if you can buy tickets or you have 2 tickets and wonder what your upgrade chances are?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Are you concerned that you will be denied boarding because the flight is oversold?

If that is the question, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by wrenz
Any recommendations as to what I should do to make sure we do get on the flight and sit together - doesn't matter F or J?
Well, if you bought tickets and are confirmed on the flight, you'll definitely get on (unless you decide to VDB in an oversell situation). No guarantee you'll sit together, but as a 1K, if you ask at the gate I'm sure they'll try their best.

Last edited by Cohall; Mar 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm Reason: My RCC comment was wrong.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
slightly confused also. Appears you bought 2 tix on 870 in J. That said your trying for UG to F. 870 just as hard for UG as 840. Even though you are waiting on 1 seat assignment, doubt you'll have any issues getting the 2nd seat, but you may not sit together.

As you both have status (and your 1k) their is no RCC in SYD (fly this route a lot). Go to the Koru lounge. Ask about getting your second confirmed J seat, and potential to UG both to F. Ask for Annie is she's their. she does wonders.

FYI, the last 6-8 flights I been on 870 or 840 have been at 100% (way oversold/booked in both F & C, let alone Y.)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the confusion. We do have 2 tickets - just wanting to make sure we are on the flight in either J or F. I was concerned that the flight is oversold and we would not make it aboard. We arrive in SYD with a 1.25 hr connect time so will not have much chance to get things sorted in advance.

It's nice to know from your experiences that we should be on the flight perhaps just not sitting together but I expect that could be sorted out.

Yes Annie is a rockstar having meet her before but arriving a Saturday afternoon I'm not expecting her to be there. It would be a nice surprise.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by wrenz
It's nice to know from your experiences that we should be on the flight perhaps just not sitting together but I expect that could be sorted out.

Yes Annie is a rockstar having meet her before but arriving a Saturday afternoon I'm not expecting her to be there. It would be a nice surprise.

Thanks again.

I have seen Annie working on a Saturday afternoon many a time^

You will have plenty of time in SYD as it's a quiet time for arrivals.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrSydney
I have seen Annie working on a Saturday afternoon many a time^

You will have plenty of time in SYD as it's a quiet time for arrivals.
If someone has the phone number for the Koru Lounge, could you PM it to me? Maybe I could contact Annie from AKL Koru Lounge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.