Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time taken for *A miles to post

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
well, i'll screw things up by saying goalie-sis flew ams-fra on lh and then fra-iad on ua both on august 16th. the lh miles* were in her account the next morning (the 17th) and the united miles didn't post until the morning of the 19th.

*both 500 rdm & 500 eqm vs actual mileage of 227
Old Sep 7, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: Nothing much anymore. Used to be annual 1K but ditched the work travel life. Still 1MM on UA.
I've never had a problem getting the miles for *A flights to post until my recent Egypt Air flights. I flew JNB-CAI on July 11th -- the first day MS became a member of *A -- and then CAI-JNB on July 17th.

Surrounding those flights, I flew CPT-JNB and JNB-CPT on SAA. When I got back home, my SAA flights had already posted where my MS flights had not.

On July 21st, I called MP to put in a request for the credit for the MS flights. I gave them my ticket number and seat number and they said it would take 30 days to post. I called again in late August because the miles still hadn't posted and MP told me that my request wasn't submitted until August 7th (so it took United 16 days to submit my request ) and that it could take 60 days for the miles to post.

Anyway, here we are, September 7th, and the miles from my July flights still haven't posted. Anybody else have any experience with Egypt Air and the miles from those flights posting?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My LH flights posted on MP within 24 hours ^ ^ ^
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by Boraxo
My LH flights posted on MP within 24 hours ^ ^ ^
LH flight yesterday had posted by this morning. Still waiting on a BD flight from 9/03.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 7:10 pm

Programs: United Platinum
The only delay in getting my miles I've ever had with a flight on LH, when they have my MP number at booking, is when a flight was canceled and I was put on a different flight out of a different airport. I'm guessing the changed routing caused the problem, but doing the online mileage credit at .bomb got me compensated in about 10 days.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Has anyone gotten MS credit?

Bumping this thread as I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten MS miles credited to their UA MP accounts (especially for MS domestic flights)

Like the poster above, I submitted a request via dot bomb for several MS domestic flights but nothing has come through...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.