Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with United Website?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2000, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Problems with United Website?

Has anyone else run into this problem? For the past couple days, when I try to access my Mioleage Plus account summary on the United website, I get:

"There are problems processing Mileage Plus membership information
We are unable to process this request.

Please contact Customer Support at 800-589-5582 for further assistance."

Is it just my account, or all accounts?

Old Mar 2, 2000, 9:11 pm
jet

Programs: UA MM; DL SPG HH Gold
Hate to say it, but sounds like it's just you... Or at least I'm not having any problems with it.
Old Mar 2, 2000, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I haven't had any problems. In fact I've booked 2 flights in the past 2 days.
Old Mar 2, 2000, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Counsellor, yes on the Mileage Plus Summary section I just now had he same problem. But the reservation system seems to work just fine.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 03-02-2000).]
Old Mar 2, 2000, 11:40 pm
Commander Catcop

It could be that United is doing sweeps of people's accounts to credit bonus offers (like the "fly more than you did last year") and other offers like FTD miles and hotel miles.

Or it has a late case of Y-2-K!
Old Mar 5, 2000, 1:57 am

Both the Mileage Plus account summary sectiona and also the res system have had a lot more downtime recently than normal. Tonight both are down, for example. Clearly they are fiddling around with something.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 9:49 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Counsellor,

Yes, I've been getting intermitant problems all weekend checking account balance for myself and my wife. Tried to retreive a forgotten password and kept getting the same type of error messages that you indicated.

I did get all the information I wanted, but it did take a number fo tries.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:19 am

New Web Site Has Issues

OK, I won't call it a disaster but simple things are awfully frustrating.

1) The system will not allow you to assign seats for you last flight segment (the web page is a dead seat map display).

2) If you change your flight on a segment, the system refuses to assign seats for the changed segment.

3) I actually, without asking, got prices displayed in Thai Bat!

4) The system will display random itineraries at times. I was looking for my GVA to SFO itinerary and it displayed a GVA to Houston itinerary. One that I never booked.

The last two issues make you wonder whether I'm just getting someone else's responses (quite possible in systems like these). I can see the security folks brandishing their arms :-)

Those issues aside; the whole thing looks stodgy. It reminds me of what web sites looked like in the late 90's. Plus, it takes way too many clicks to get anything done. Made all the worse by leaving you either at the top or bottom of the page when you back track; forcing you to search where you were before.

Plus side; they finally allow you the freedom of booking combination fares (i.e., M, E, U, H, Q, V, W vs. discounted fares). That is a huge improvement!

On the other hand that does restrict them from displaying non-code share flight combinations. Since you can't mix and match those.

Anyway, I'm probably not the only one that has issues. The call center is overwhelmed with wait times over 20 minutes. And when you do get a person, they can't do anything more than what you could have done (or not done) on the web. In the end, it's all very frustrating.

Like I said, it's not disastrous but it really makes you wonder who in the world designed all this stuff. It's just not very good. Almost makes you want to go to a travel agent. Then again, they probably would be saddled with the same problems, sigh.

Last edited by abhabh; Mar 4, 2012 at 2:47 am
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!!
WOW!
You just resurrected a 12-year-old thread!! (Is that a record)?!! lol
I suggest your points are better addressed in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html that deals with the integration of the UA and CO systems into the new MP. It's on the first page of the 'consolidated' forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.