Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I think the person named on the DBC must redeem it. So I believe the agent is correct.

The airport agent may not care, especially if the tickets are in the same name as the DBC though.
I did my wife & I at SNA about 5 weeks ago. I asked the agent if she had to be there. (she was in the car with a broken foot in the parking garage) She said it was not necessary for here to be there as our tickets matched the names of both DBC free.

In the old days, I would have insisted on travel credits when I was 1K. I took one when I was 1K because I got it with a 50 minute bump. Used it to fly a friend to my wedding in 2006.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:26 pm

FWIW, I just spoke to a UAgent based in Chicago, who told me that DBC FREEs can include one legal open jaw (where the untravelled leg is the shortest in the itinerary), but no stopovers. YMMV.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: CO silver
Will UAL charge me $25.00 to book dom VDB?

thanks it will be done via phone as required.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
No, the ticketing fee is waived for VDB certs.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Sfo-Dub-Commuter
thanks it will be done via phone as required.
I've moved this into a larger, existing thread. I believe your question is covered in the first posts here.

Hope this helps,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
So long as they are actually selling Q, V, or W you can use the DBCFREE voucher. Just be careful because when you check the available fare basis/loads you might see Q, V, or W, but that doesn't always guarantee that UA is actually selling them. Usually this happens when the date gets very close to your flight though and there's a 14 day ticketing restriction on DBCFREEs so I've never run into this problem. The best thing to do is to try a fake booking at UA.com and if your fare basis comes up as Q, V, W, or anything lower you'll be OK.
I'm looking at using a DBCFREE voucher (300+ days out) and I see Q, V, and W showing all "9" on .bomb. However, when I continue the booking, the fare shows up as "U". Anyway to force the booking into one of the valid fare codes?
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileKing
I'm looking at using a DBCFREE voucher (300+ days out) and I see Q, V, and W showing all "9" on .bomb. However, when I continue the booking, the fare shows up as "U". Anyway to force the booking into one of the valid fare codes?
You just have to call to book. There's no phone fee for these.
As long as there is availability in the fare classes Q, V, or W, you are absolutely fine. What is probably happening when you are shopping online is that there are no applicable Q, V, or W fares loaded for your itinerary. However, you do not need a fare to be loaded in Q, V, or W to book a DBCFREE ticket, as all that matters is the bucket availability.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 8:26 am

United T Fare

I got bumped from a flight earlier this year and got a free roundtrip domestic ticket. I used the ticket and booked for this weekend (in T space). I now need to change it -- does anyone know the change policy for this type of fare class. If I want to keep same route, am I allowed to change dates? I have already redemed certificate.

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
You answer can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858245

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher
Old Nov 4, 2008, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no fee to change provided your new dates also meet the 14-day advance purchase requirement and your O&D and routing remains the same. This would only require a revalidation of the ticket, not a reissue (keeps same ticket number).

For any changes that require a reissue (change in O&D, routing, etc), there is a $150 fee.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Bump Voucher Free Ticket Expiration Question

I searched but could not find a definitive answer:

I understand that I must exchange my bump voucher for a free ticket with a year of getting bumped, but can the actual flight dates on the ticket received be beyond the expiration date of the voucher?

I'm looking to travel in early 2010 on a voucher issued August 2008 which expires August 2009. Does this work as long as I exchange the voucher for the ticket before August 2009?

Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:07 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
voucher

my understanding you must ticket by the date on the voucher and you have 330 days from that date to complete your travel
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to double check.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:00 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by lehms
my understanding you must ticket by the date on the voucher and you have 330 days from that date to complete your travel
as you said, it's ticket no later than the expiry date on the voucher but iirc, travel is good for one year from the ticketing date
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
as you said, it's ticket no later than the expiry date on the voucher but iirc, travel is good for one year from the ticketing date
Yes, that's my understanding and experience as well.
Of course, usually you will only be able to book 11 months out, so you'd have to ticket dummy dates and then change them if you want to push up until the end of that travel period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.