Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA PerksPlus Program" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA

I alone usually spend more then the required 5k per quarter and we have more people flying at our company with UA.
Is it worth to participate in perksplus ? The UA website is very thin on actual information what you get out of it for what spending level.
thanks for any information
Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: Lots
I signed up a while ago. Its in all our united.com profiles, so it doesn't require a lot of effort to use..

I still have no idea what we'll eventually get out of it, though
Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
It depends on what would be "worth" it. A good friend worked at a (very small) company a few years ago that spent at least 15k/month on UA. That usually included 1 or 2 transpacs in C and maybe a dozen domestic cheapo tickets. It usually got them one or two status ups (GM > 2P or 2P > 1P; no 1P to 1K though) and upgrade certificates (IIRC). They usually dished the rewards out to employees as bonuses (on top of their annual bonuses), and if they had extra, they'd use the rewards for themselves.

Sorry that I don't know the details, but I *think* that they could choose what they wanted after hitting certain spending levels. This was a few years ago, mind you, so things may have changed.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:33 am

A few employees at my company plugged our perks plus number into our profiles, allowing us to accumulate points when tickets are booked at UAL.com. I think this is only 20% or so of our actual business flying activity on UA, because Expedia tickets, etc. are not accumulating points. Still, I redeemed some Perks Plus points just the other day and received 2 system wide upgrades. I think even with a minimal effort, the payoff is there to participate.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Since it's free to participate for both the employees and the employer (I think), and all you need to do is plug in an extra number when making reservations, I'd say it's worth it. At least someone at your office will benefit from the status ups and/or upgrades.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
I thought that all tickets count as long as e.g. the travel agency would put the perksplus number into the profile. Is this not correct ? 95% of our travel is booked either via Amex travel or via travel agencies in Europe.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA 1MM
Its true that other tickets count. But most online services other than United.com do not have a way to enter it easily, and many travel agents seem to forget.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by German Expat
I thought that all tickets count as long as e.g. the travel agency would put the perksplus number into the profile. Is this not correct ? 95% of our travel is booked either via Amex travel or via travel agencies in Europe.
That is correct. Your PerksPlus coordinator can work with your travel agency to ensure they are transmitting your code properly.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:10 pm
BCH

Anyone know how the rewards are earned? And what the rewards actually are? I cannot find that information anywhere on United.com or on FlyerTalk.

So anything you have would be much appreciated. Thanks!

BCH
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:23 am

See http://www.united.com/perksplus
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG+
United Perks Program

Just searched the forum but did not find a thread. My company (fairly small) does participate in the perks program and I always have to enter my perks number when booking a flight (i.e. added it in my profile). On UA website it mentions something about benefits like upgrade coupons etc. Does anyone have more details, so that I can ask somewhat qualified questions to our travel person and see if I can score something before my next trip. I believe the few people in my company that are traveling are all 1K, I am the sole GM, slowly on my way to status.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Welcome to Flyertalk.

UA has a section on PerksPlus on its web site:

http://www.united.com/page/middlepag...k=%2Fperksplus

This page deals with adding the PerkPlus number to your UA profile:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,2954,00.html

Hope it helps.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG+
Thanks, I had seen the UA website, but for general access it does not give any specific details, for example how many upgrade coupons per how many dollar revenue (or miles flown?)? I was just wondering if my company is sitting on a lot of coupons or if they are hard to get.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Re Perks Plus corp program

The company I work for inserted their Perks Plus number into my UA profile. I called UA reservations and booked a leisure trip with an associate. I did not provide my Perks Plus code number to the agent. Does the Perks Plus number automatically get added to my reservation and subsequently the company knows who I am flying with? Since this is personal travel, I prefer they are not informed by UA. When I book online, I am asked if business or leisure travel, the agent did not ask. Any insight?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
The only time the perks plus number is automatically entered into the reservation is when you book on .bomb and indicate that the trip is for business. Booking on the phone with an agent will not track the number, unless you specifically ask the agent to enter it in the proper field. Most agents are not familiar with this, and need to look up the procedure or speak to their supervisor for the process. Some will insist that you need to book directly with the PerksPlus desk...this is not true, however, and if you get one of these, just hang up and call back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.