Wiki Posts
Search

UA non status question on stopover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
UA non status question on stopover

I don't fly UA often. But using some CO (non elite here also) miles (award) to fly on UA from PHX to Munich (with 4 hr layover in ORD). I did upgrade to Economy Plus for about $90 on the over the water leg.

Question: I suppose no Red Carpet room available to me in ORD?? Can I buy a one day pass or trade for one on Coupon Connection? Cost?

I have read where they sometimes offer upgrades for some $$$. Does this happen on international legs? When and how do they offer these? I am looking at the return flight --- all flights are lightly booked as around Thanksgiving.

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
RCC access for international travel:
1) requires being a member; or
2) being seat in a premium cabin (business, First)
3) have *G status

E+ is not considered an upgrade of cabin -- it is just a different economy seat
and does not qualify for RCC access

One time RCC access certs are an option ($39 online/$50 at the door)

For UFC (Upgrade for Cash), see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...olci-gate.html
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Thanks for the info.

Maybe I will take a shuttle to a airport hotel (or go to Hilton) to spend my 4 hours, although i know that will mean going back thru security. At least the flights are nearly empty, so Economy + will work fine for me.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
agree with WineCountryUSA about RCC. 4 hrs may be a bit tight to head to airport hotel then go thru security again at ORD. Suggest you buy RCC day pass online and relax there.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents club
RCC vs Hilton

As a RCC member, I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. The vegetables are so old I doubt a farm animal would eat them. As I think you know, the Hilton is right across the street from the domestic terminal and a short tram ride away from the international terminal. If I am going to be sitting all day on a plane, I'd rather walk over to the Hilton and stretch my legs for free.

The Hilton also sells a workout pass at their very nice facility, which I think can be had for $10. There isn't much to do at the Hilton, other than the restaurant but the price is right.

Four hours is an eternity. Get some air!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Why not check out the RCC meet-up thread in the MP forum and see if a generous FT'er may be able to guest you into the ORD lounge? Happens every day.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by willdietrying
As I think you know, the Hilton is right across the street from the domestic terminal and a short tram ride away from the international terminal.

You will be departing from the B or C terminals -- no need to go to the Int'l terminal. That's only for UA arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.