Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Earliest I can check in in NRT and other Narita City Q's

Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP

Hello. I have a trip to Guam in a few weeks. I had a couple fo SWUs that a co-worker gave me so I booked UA through NGO and NRT and took CO down from there (which is EAUable with my NWA PE...).. Anyways. I am asking here for insight on a few things.

I get an ticketed SNA-SFO-NGO (gets in at 2pm) and then (845pm) CO NGO-GUM. I will have bags for this three week trip. I am assuming at NGO I will need to grab the bags, clear customs and then recheck onto CO? Also, I know there is a lounge at NGO will my C ticket let me use the lounge if I don't get upgraded on CO? Also, I can use any RCC (at SNA or SFO) on day of travel as well?

On the way back I get into NRT at 9am and am on the 455pm back to LAX. I assume the luggage shuffle will be the same thing as the NGO situation. How early will UA be open at NRT to check in bags for that flight?

Also, what is narita city like. I hear the train ride is about 250 yen and less than 10 minutes to town. Is it worth a trip to kill the 6-7 hour layover?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:47 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Questions like this have been asked and answered repeatedly on the Japan forum. Check out the sticky there.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:52 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Questions like this have been asked and answered repeatedly on the Japan forum. Check out the sticky there.
Agreed. Mods, please move to the Forum of the Rising Sun.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:21 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Since this type of question is addressed in the Japan forum, I'll close this thread. If the OP is unable to clearly answer their questions after visiting that forum's sticky and archives, they should start a new thread there.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.