Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2002, 10:35 pm
Ted
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Exclamation The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Will be flying out of Beijing in a couple of weeks, on UA as a 1P in coach. Looks like there is no *G lounge there, but Air China seems to have one that some airlines use. Would UA issue an invitation there, and if not who is the proper authority to ask for at check in?

Also, any E+ on this route?
Old Feb 12, 2002, 11:28 pm
rdd

There are two *G lounges in PEK. one is the airchina lounge you mentioned. The other is operated by Beijing Ground Services, which services a number of *a airlines. You can use either. The BGS one is a little better though in terms of facilities and ambience
Old Feb 12, 2002, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, you'll be fine as a *G -- PEK has really nice checkin agents. There are two lounges to choose from in PEK, one operated by Air China and another operated by some catering company (sorry, specifics escape me at this juncture). They are both comparable in terms of amenities (and better than most RCCs), but the latter is a bit more pleasent IIRC.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 10:08 pm
Ted
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Just a note to follow up... I did get the pass for the BGS lounge at check in without asking. It's right accross from gate 10 where the UA flight departed from. Fine facility, showers available and food selection for breakfast good. Lounge was also used for an SQ flight departing a bit earlier.

90 yuan airport tax to be paid before passing through the outer lobby to the ticket counters. Check in counters were manned by Air China personnel supervised by UA agents. The UA folks later moved to the gate.

No E+ on the incoming or outgoing 777 flights. NRT-PEK flight was towed to the gate so I could not tell where it came from, PEK-NRT aircraft continuted on to SEA.

Thanks to everyone who answered the original post.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 2:35 pm

Programs: United Global Services and 1MM; Avis First; Hertz President's Circle; Marriott Platinum Elite
*A club rooms in PEK?

I am off to PEK in August. I know that there is not a RCC at PEK. However, I haven't found any conclusive information (FT searches, etc) on any *A or M+ partner club rooms available to RCC and 1P/1K flyers. Any knowledge or advice for a visit to PEK would be appreciated.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two shared-lounge options; one for business class travel and one for first-class travel. Both/either are fine. You will be given a entry pass for the appropriate lounge upon check-in for your departing flight, based upon your class of service. If you are flying Coach and are a Red Carpet Club member, I would recommend that you mention this and inquire about lounge access.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 5:30 pm
rdd

The lounge is more than adequate. Remember to get your pass at checkin. I think the UA lounge is run by Air China.

There is also a Star Gold lounge run by a company called Beijing Ground Service. I find this lounge a little better than the one that UA tend to send you to. If you are Star Gold, entry won't be a problem.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:38 am

Programs: United Global Services and 1MM; Avis First; Hertz President's Circle; Marriott Platinum Elite
Transpac and rdd - thank you for your wisdom and adivce. I will be sure to inquire about the lounge at check-in. Based on the criteria that you both mentioned, it shouldn't be a problem. I am confirmed in C roundtrip and I am a RCC member and *A gold (UA 1P). Thank you very much!!
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
One of the two lounges has a shower facility if you need one. It is the lounge that is closer to the UA gates, further from security.
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I'll also be in PEK in August. I'm flying the next day on Air China to TXN(!). Can my 1P card get me in the Air China lounge before my trip to TXN?
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:53 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Beijing RCC and other clubs

I am flying out of Beijing later this week. I understand that there is no RCC in Beijing. Is this correct? What other Star Alliance clubs would be available to me? Thanks in advnace.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
AFAIK no *A lounges, only contract lounges. Should get lounge invitation at check in.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are 2 lounges, neither in Star Alliance both are contract lounges. They both stink.

My advice is to get to the airport as late as possible as the entire airport is a dump and you don't want to spend any time there lounge or no lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
FYI, LH has a nice list of lounges available on their site and you can choose the city and "Star Gold" for the lounge list.

For Beijing they only list the Air China Biz & First lounge, which is "Terminal 2, Restricted area, departure level ( 2nd floor ) oppsite to main airport duty free shop".

I've only flown into PEK, not out of there yet, but after being in some of the business/first lounges I've seen at smaller domestic airports so far in China (KMG, SHA, etc) I'm fully prepared to be underwhelmed.

I'll be on UA 850 PEK-ORD on Sat 4 June. PM me if you're on that flight and want to meet up in the lounge
Old Jun 3, 2005, 4:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
My advice is to get to the airport as late as possible as the entire airport is a dump and you don't want to spend any time there lounge or no lounge.
my sentiments, EXACTLY. (i've proffered the same advice countless times before, most recently to stimpy before his "chinese comic opera" flight, and i'm glad to see that others are in agreement.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.