Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Changes Mileage Plus Visa Terms [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Changes Mileage Plus Visa Terms [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Back to the original thought- who else has gotten a letter saying that they will not get bonus miles?
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Deleted
Old Dec 24, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Change in terms?

Just applied using the 25k bonus link, looked like the standard deal with the first year free, but having to make $250 in purchases before seeing the bonus miles. Then... after I submit the app, I read this thread .

I read through both the T&C as well as the original application page, and none have any mention of having to keep the card open for any period of time. Previously you had to leave it open for 6 months, but people in this thread stated that now you have to have it open for a year? Could anyone provide a link to confirm this?

I guess I'll wait to see if 1. I'm approved, 2. If the bonus miles will show up, and 3. If I get one of those "friendly" denial letters.

I'm on my 2nd MP Visa now - previously I waited 6 months, cancelled, then reapplied after a month, got both bonuses. I've had my current MP Visa open now for 4 months, so we'll see if it works or not.

Last edited by JeffISU; Dec 24, 2006 at 8:00 am
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Interesting. I applied for this card over the phone this week, and I fear ever having to make a customer service call. To start, all CSRs have a voice-changing unit, it was like talking to a robot... very irritating. Had to make 4 calls to complete the application... hung up once when the diction was so bad they couldn't be understood (the voice unit didn't help), another got halfway through and lost cell phone battery, another to finish the app and was told we'd have to start over, and another to do an app start-to-finish.

At the end of the application, the CSR read off some T&Cs that must have lasted about 3 minutes. Started to zone out, but did hear the notes about cancelling the card in less then 6 months could result in forfeiture of any miles ever posted for that card number. At the end, they basically tried to hang up, and I asked a question. They were completely unable to answer a question (something like "so when do I know when I've been approved or denied"), and they couldn't understand the question, and head to start reading from the T&Cs again.

I'll be making sure this card is all elecronic usagae and payment, with no unusual transactions...

Steve B.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by JeffISU
...I'm on my 2nd MP Visa now - previously I waited 6 months, cancelled, then reapplied after a month, got both bonuses. I've had my current MP Visa open now for 4 months, so we'll see if it works or not.
Those were all the "good old time" (prior to November 2006) sign-up bonuses. Sorry the good old time is over.

Originally Posted by philemer
Back to the original thought- who else has gotten a letter saying that they will not get bonus miles?
Yes, we have more than one "incident" reports already. Other than this thread itself, follwing are some examples:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636633

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=605745&page=9 (see post#128)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...35&postcount=7

There's also another thread about 1K only getting $60 waiver, instead of the whole$140 annual fee. (Can't seem to find it at this point.) Fome 1Ks just got THAT letter in the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by lin821; Dec 25, 2006 at 6:47 pm
Old Dec 25, 2006, 2:14 pm

Location: Los Altos, CA -- UA 1P / Priority Club Platinum Ambassador / Hyatt GP Platinum / Avis Presidents Club
I'm looking at the application for the Platinum card here and don't see any reference to new cardmembers only (on this page or the T&C's page). I currently have a no-fee Gold card which I did not receive bonus miles for; if I've ever received bonus miles, it was over ten years ago. Anyone have reason to think I will or won't be eligible for 25K bonus miles on this offer?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by rerunree1

I received the same letter yesterday....did not read the fine print when I applied month and half ago. Apperantly UA/AA and Chase/Citi are doing the math and figure the bonus miles for 2nd and 3rd....cards are not worth it.
The CitiAAdvantage website also have the same T&Cs now.
I was looking at the T&Cs in the CitiAAdvantage website, but couldn't find anything about no bonus miles for 2nd or more cards. Do you have the link to the T&Cs?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by amartin1979
What about if you cancel all your existing Chase cards and reapply? Would this get you the bonus miles?
I think not, since they seem to have started all of this because of the churning people. I wish I HAD been churning but I never did. now, however, I am reluctant to both use and apply for my own chase! My wife had one and she was earning all our UAL miles whereas I was concentrating on AA. I will stick with AA as we rarely use UAL anymore anyway. Oh well, their loss.

MM
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
I got the same letter telling my that I wouldn't get the 20,000 bonus RDM's.

I did however get the 5K EQM's for signing up.

They have posted to my account and Chase actually helped me move them to 2007.

Weird

Has anyone called and gotten an angel to reinstate the RDM's?

I called yesterday and had an angel reissue TWO upgrade certs that had expired. (Anyone notice that they only give you 6 months to use them now) and they waived two $14.95 fees for paying on the due date.

I charged over $250,000 plus on all my Chase accounts. i'm going to try to get my offer bonus miles reinstated.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:25 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Interesting. 5K EQMs for $140 is still a pretty good mileage run - especially since you don't even have to stand up

Has anyone been refused the EQMs in addition to the RDMs?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by boulderflyer21
i'm going to try to get my offer bonus miles reinstated.
Why do people insist on trying to get what they don't deserve?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's not about insisting on getting what we don't deserve it's about Chase changing the rules midgame.

If I had KNOWN that the offer that they mailed me wasn't good...I wouldn't have applied for the card.

Why is it that people on this site spend so much time slamming other posters? I'm pretty new to this site.(less than a year) and It seems like EVERY thread ends up in some kind of insult fest...

What is it with you people?!?!?!

let's keep it to the issue at hand.....

Last edited by boulderflyer21; Jan 16, 2007 at 12:24 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's not about insisting on getting what we don't deserve it's about Chase changing the rules midgame.
They're not. The rule has always been there. And now you're whining because they're enforcing it.

Why is it that people on this site spend so much time slamming other posters? I'm pretty new to this site.(less than a year) and It seems like EVERY thread ends up in some kind of insult fest...
It's only people who think they deserve to get something for nothing.

let's keep it to the issue at hand.....
We are. The issue is Chase enforcing a rule they've always had.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:24 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
At no place on the web page for the Platinum Visa application offer for 25K bonus miles, does it state that you are prohibited from receving this offer more than once. I have had reps told me that I was welcome to apply for as many cards as I would like. If a company wants to change the rules of the game, it is their option, but my issue is changing the terms and conditions retroactively and failing to keep their committments.

I had a snow job done to me by Chase that made me unnecessarily have to redeem Choices for EQMs, because they would not award me the 5K EQMs I was rightfully entitled to receive for opening a new account along with the 25K RDM . I am currently deciding what the best course of action will be to resolve this.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
At no place on the web page for the Platinum Visa application offer for 25K bonus miles, does it state that you are prohibited from receving this offer more than once.
Read the T&C. It's very explicit that the bonus is for first-time cardmembers only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.