Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Changes Mileage Plus Visa Terms [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Changes Mileage Plus Visa Terms [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And that's all you should get. According to all the T&C I've ever seen regarding the fee waiver, there's a hard limit of one credit per year per person.
May be, in which case I would expect to get that in writing instead of generic answers which don't really address my inquiry. I know that in the past I got credits for two different cards, and so did many other people. Also, since I got a $60 credit so far this year, and now I'm fighting for a $140 refund, in the worst case they should offer a $80 credit.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
I know that in the past I got credits for two different cards, and so did many other people.
Maybe this is another rule that they're starting to enforce.

I agree you should get a better response, and it surprises me you didn't by using the secure messaging system. I've always had great luck through that avenue.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by gpapadop
>>>>>Also, does anyone else have experience with the business app. getting miles if you are a personal cardholder?

On behalf of my wife, she got a Business cc on Oct '06. Then I applied on her behalf for a personal card late Feb '07. I was somehow expecting the dreaded letter but she did get the 21k bonus miles!

Now I have a personal CC and have been thinking about applying for a business card...Based on my wife's experience I think the chances are good. I will let you know if I do and what happens...may not be for a while.
FWIW, I have a Platinum MP Visa. I had to call Chase about some issue which I can't remember, and was offered the Business Visa and 16K bonus miles. I didn't bite, but I frequently get the mailer from Chase offering me the Biz visa with 16K bonus miles.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Maybe this is another rule that they're starting to enforce.

I agree you should get a better response, and it surprises me you didn't by using the secure messaging system. I've always had great luck through that avenue.
Yes, the point of my post was to report that the secure messaging system is no longer as reliable as it used to be. I got lightning fast replies, but I infer from them that the person replying didn't really understand my question.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Yes, the point of my post was to report that the secure messaging system is no longer as reliable as it used to be. I got lightning fast replies, but I infer from them that the person replying didn't really understand my question.
I presume that "the secure messaging system" refers to messaging through their website. I was getting uninformed and conflicting answers to my questions about the double miles for "pay your taxes" offer(s) from CSRs, and was pleasantly surprised to get detailed, well-informed responses to those same questions put to them through the website system. So my experience in this regard was different than yours in terms of satisfaction.

I'm not looking to get a refund on more than one MP Visa. I am, however, still hoping that someone who is not a first-timer with the card will share a recent ('07, not '06) experience so we may know about the 5K of EQM with the first $1 charged with a new Platinum card. Is that enrollment 5K of EQM now being treated as a "once-in-a-lifetime" bonus, as the CSRs say, or are they still giving out seconds on it (and thirds, and fourths...)?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by itsme
I presume that "the secure messaging system" refers to messaging through their website. [...]
Yes, I was referring to messaging through their website. As for many others, this had been the most efficient way to deal with customer service in the past.

In the end, it did work out this time as well, though it took three messages. I worded my third e-mail in such a way that they were not able to respond vagaries about annual fees being nonrefundable. I got a quick message saying that my inquiry had been "forwarded to the appropriate department", and one day later I got a new message saying that the $140 annual fee had been waived ^ .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.