Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Seat Change....moved back (subtitle: email address)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Titanium

On Sunday, I took #134 (DEN-DTW). 737, so reserved 10A (exit window with no seat in front), checked in night before, wandered to the gate to board. Pretty normal day so far.

When I scan my BP, the error msg comes up that "Needs new BP For 11A" or something similar. Guy hands me a new BP and I ask if there was an aircraft change, he nods and I shrug and move on. The fact that it's the dreaded economy blue is bothering me a bit, but I dont pay it much mind. I get on and realize...it's still a 737, 11A is behind 10A and in regular economy.

I go back out to the GA and ask what happened, he says he's not sure, but the plane is full now, so nothing he can do. When the guy comes and sits in 10A, he turns out to be a non-MP member, and that's the seat he was assigned. Obviously, as a 1P, I'm not happy. Looking around seatguru when I got here, I noticed that, while the configs of 737's differ, there is ALWAYS a 10A.

Long story short:

Why would they do this?

Who should I email to ensure someone at least responds and/or reads it? (outside of the 'contact us' form on united.bomb)

Thanks....vent over
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
When there is an equipment swap, all bets are off with old seat assignments. I know it seems simple just to keep everyone in the same seats, but for a lot of reasons, it doesn't seem to be possible.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Originally Posted by qasr
When there is an equipment swap, all bets are off with old seat assignments. I know it seems simple just to keep everyone in the same seats, but for a lot of reasons, it doesn't seem to be possible.
There was no equipment swap.. what are you talking about?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
having had this happen after checking in on-line, the first, and i mean the first thing i do when arriving at the airport is re-print my bp's from mr/ms easy as if there's been an eqipment change, i'll know right then and at least be somewhat ahead of the game. i'll then immediately try and change my seats wtih mr/ms easy to what i want and if no go, then it's off to the 1k and/or cust service desk to see what they can do. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but at least i gave it a fighting chance
Originally Posted by UAalltheway
op said the g/a told him there was an aircraft change so perhaps is was an ugly 37 to an uglier 37
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAalltheway
There may have been an equipment swap. The OP only said it was still a 737 and the GA said there was an equipment swap. 737 layouts differ and the exit rows can be rows can be 9, 10 or 11 depending which might have caused the problem.

Most likely the OP moved to a 735 where row 10 is in E- and the exit is row 9. The OP previously might have been in a 733 or 735 ex-SHT where 10A is the exit with no seat in front.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cedahm
Looking around seatguru when I got here, I noticed that, while the configs of 737's differ, there is ALWAYS a 10A.
Actually, according to seatguru, the 733 ex-SHT does not have a 10A.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:27 am
Original Poster

There may have been an equipment swap. The OP only said it was still a 737 and the GA said there was an equipment swap. 737 layouts differ and the exit rows can be rows can be 9, 10 or 11 depending which might have caused the problem.

Most likely the OP moved to a 735 where row 10 is in E- and the exit is row 9. The OP previously might have been in a 733 or 735 ex-SHT where 10A is the exit with no seat in front.
Sorry, was in a work nightmare all day and didn't get to look back until just now. Thanks for the replies. I think I'll be reprinting @ the airport to avoid this from now on, although it still rubs me wrong (not to mention defeats the purpose of checking in online in the first place ).

The GA told me they'd switched versions of 37's. The 'new' one WAS the
-300 (not sure what the original was supposed to be). In any event, 10A is still exit/no seat in front on a -300, so I couldn't figure out why I got moved to E- and non-MP member got 10A (and subsequently tried jamming his bag under his seat, which I curtly told him would have to be removed from my feet and placed under 8A, to which he responded "all the way up there?"...not the right thing to say to the previous holder of that seat).
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Sorry, was in a work nightmare all day and didn't get to look back until just now. Thanks for the replies. I think I'll be reprinting @ the airport to avoid this from now on, although it still rubs me wrong (not to mention defeats the purpose of checking in online in the first place ).

The GA told me they'd switched versions of 37's. The 'new' one WAS the
-300 (not sure what the original was supposed to be). In any event, 10A is still exit/no seat in front on a -300, so I couldn't figure out why I got moved to E- and non-MP member got 10A (and subsequently tried jamming his bag under his seat, which I curtly told him would have to be removed from my feet and placed under 8A, to which he responded "all the way up there?"...not the right thing to say to the previous holder of that seat).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.