Search

How much is 1K worth?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Intrepid
Can't agree more with MSY-MSP:

So I underlined his key statement. If you are there enough years you are recognized personally by the UA officials with discretionary authority.
Impersonal UGS status won't give you any of that.

For example:
On our 60th birthday, my wife and I were OP U/G from E+ to F, R/T, on a three class airplane (777/747) - ORD-FRA. You figure how much is that worth?
I reported last week that i got a phone call from a station manager informimng me that my lost Day-Timer is waiting for me at the one of my two home airports. That is a little thing but recovering my phone numbers is invaluable.

Yestrday I called to rebook my flight, expecting full weel to pay the fee.
It didn't happen. My tenure as 1K must been recognized.

:-: Thank you United ! :-:
A definite thanks to those who actually answered the question. The purpose of this thread was not to hear "There's a bunch of intangible benefits...here's my great story." That's why I phrased the initial question the way that I did.

Maybe we could start another post called "The intangible benefits of 1K" for those entries. I'm hoping to keep this thread more focused on actual $$ values or people's opinions thereof.

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
I am on my way to becoming a 1k this year for the first time, I have been a Prem Exec for over 10 years. I travel mainly transcons BOS-LAX, The SWU's, and the CR1's are what I am looking for so I do not have to burn miles or pay for extra 500 milers. To upgrade one way BOS-LAX using 500 mile coupons (purchased) would cost $300 to buy them so could you say a CR1 and SWU's are worth 300 each?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.