Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
Originally Posted by qasr
Well, I would not take this thread as gospel. We (FT as a community) have compiled it from whatever public resources are available, as well as our experiences. We do not have access to UA's private profiles regarding what earns what. (sidenote: if anyone DOES have that, it would be appreciated
Why does UA keep this information secret? Surely the detailed MP entitlements by booking code on each carrier should be public information available to anybody, e.g. on the UA web site. They would still have the right to vary it as often as they want.
It is as if you go into a shop and they tell you what you have bought only after you have paid. Or buying a lucky dip at a fair.
In the only other scheme with which I am familiar, QF, the detailed information by carrier and booking class code is on their web site.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
You are preaching to the converted, QF ExLurker

QF's information is at least there, but if you want a really nice site, check out LH's web page. Very nice.

Why doesn't UA do it? Who knows... Perhaps the same reason we can't change seats online
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:09 am
jer

Location: My childhood was typical: Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons.
"S" class on SQ earns 100% UA mileage and 100% towards elite status. No bonuses. Just posted on my account.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jer
"S" class on SQ earns 100% UA mileage and 100% towards elite status. No bonuses. Just posted on my account.
Thanks, jer! I updated the main post to indicate the change.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
From the United website for SAS accrual: Mileage Plus members earn 25% accrual on SAS (SK) in W, U, K, L, T and G booking classes. This change is effective June 15, 2005.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tods27
From the United website for SAS accrual: Mileage Plus members earn 25% accrual on SAS (SK) in W, U, K, L, T and G booking classes. This change is effective June 15, 2005.
Thanks tods27, I updated the main post.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1P
Regarding Lufthansa intra-European flights: the minimum mileage appears to have been reduced to 250 from 500 effective August 1, 2005. This is anecdotal, and not published, but see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459030

Also, there is a small HTML typo in the Blue 1/Air Botnia EC section. Just FYI.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cakobau
Regarding Lufthansa intra-European flights: the minimum mileage appears to have been reduced to 250 from 500 effective August 1, 2005. This is anecdotal, and not published, but see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459030

Also, there is a small HTML typo in the Blue 1/Air Botnia EC section. Just FYI.
Thanks cakobau!

I fixed the LH minimum, and added the link to the other thread. Thanks for catching the HTML snafu with Blue1.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 4:58 pm

It looks like united.com has revised/updated the partner earning rules again, and abundant caveats have been added. I may have missed some others, but here are a couple to revise in the OP...

Austrian:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,2271,00.html

Note the specific restriction re: intra-Europe.

Please note: No mileage accrual for deeply discounted, intra-Europe fares (E/K/L/T)

[...]

Mileage Plus members earn 50% accrual on Austrian in Q,V,W,X booking classes.

Lufthansa:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1189,00.html

Note that the W/S 50% haircut applies to long-hauls as well. Sigh.

Please note: No mileage accrual for L/T fares within Europe and 50% mileage accrual for W/S fares.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:27 pm

I've gotten a few PMs regarding a post on another thread, regarding earning of UA miles on BMI. (Hey, I'm not the expert! I just consult this thread! ) Apparently, the BMI program changes November 1. As we've seen with other *A partners, when the "home" program changes, changes to MP earning schedules are not far behind.

Here is a post in the thread that references the upcoming changes to the BMI program.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...60&postcount=8

FWIW: Here are BMI's own rules for their BMI frequent flyers -- consider this a warning of likely fare class restrictions to come...
http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/src/html/d...earnmiles.html

qasr, I'm not suggesting you change the earning rates for BD because of this, since no changes are apparent yet, but perhaps a proactive warning regarding flights booked after November 1? Also, could you update the OP to reflect the OS and LH earning changes in post #60 ? And thanks again to you for maintaining the current edition of the thread.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks cakobau ^

I updated the LH & OS reduced earnings ( ) but thanks anyway

I also put a mention in the BD section about the new changes as well as a note in the FAQ's regarding these types of changes. Thanks again!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh, and I also changed the earnings for transatlantic Z fares on LH metal. 125% RDM + 1K 100% RDM bonus & 150% EQM just posted to my own MP account on an LH Z fare, making them a better deal than being on UA metal IMHO (especially when you get op-upped to F ). Of course, if you are chasing 500's or MM status, then maybe not.

Also, does anyone know what the W & S fare minimum is on LH intra-europe and/or German domestic flights with the new 50% earnings?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 6:59 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
SQ E class?

I just found out that SQ has a booking class E that earns 100% miles with some other programs such as LH M&M. Don't know what the earnings are in UA MP, but it might be worth adding this booking class to the SQ entry here. I wouldn't have known this, but I just came across a fare in E class on SQ and tried to find out how many miles this would earn. Weird class I should say. Unfortunately, the UA website does not list any earnin exceptions on SQ even though we already know of some...

qasr, I also linked your thread to my Earning miles on *Alliance flights - a helpful guide thread in the *Alliance forum. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Sydfly; Aug 31, 2005 at 7:00 pm Reason: fixed link
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks Sydfly ^

I based some of the unknowns of the M&M earning charts,a s the programs are fairly similar in that regard. Thanks for the link!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:58 am

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Does anyone have a table on earning United miles on Emirates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.