Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

The Consolidated "Combining UA Credits, Vouchers, and Goodwill Certs" Thread [Merged]

Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:36 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
call UA in advance and inform phone CSR exactly what voucher/s you will be using
"Call UA" can be a terrible experience even for a simple transaction, I would feel more confident of getting a result spending the 90 minutes standing in front of the agent at the airport.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:42 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by harryhv
"Call UA" can be a terrible experience even for a simple transaction, I would feel more confident of getting a result spending the 90 minutes standing in front of the agent at the airport.
1K line is usually staffed with experience CSRs. Therefore I will hedge my bet any day. Going to an airport ticket counter is a total crab shoot. After all, what do you have to lose by calling first and try to set it up before heading to the airport?
Old Jun 23, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by stevenshev
So where do type AB certificates fit in?
Type AB voucher is not combinable with any other type of vouchers; type A or type B.
Restating steveshev's questions: What are type AB certificates? Can you combine several AB certificates for paying one ticket?
Old Jun 23, 2007, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by VA1379
Restating steveshev's questions: What are type AB certificates? Can you combine several AB certificates for paying one ticket?
Type AB certificate is in a class all by itself. You cannot combine a type AB certificate with any other certificate including another type AB certificate.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
If you want a hassle free ticketing experience at an airport ticket counter, call UA in advance and inform phone CSR exactly what voucher/s you will be using,
-- snip --
This will save you tons of time in line and parking fee.
Thanks for the tip, but I think I am missing something. Don't you still have to stand in the same line at the ticket counter to hand over the vouchers and credit card?
Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by paulwlee
Thanks for the tip, but I think I am missing something. Don't you still have to stand in the same line at the ticket counter to hand over the vouchers and credit card?
Yes, you still do. However, you do not need to take a chance with the ticket agent, and possibly a call to the help/rate desk. If you time your arrival right, you maybe in and out in 5 minutes or less.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P
4 Different Travel Vouchers. Combinable

I want to book a domestic ticket on ual and I'm not sure if I can combine these vouchers. Which of any of these can be combined?

1st.
Profile Name: Dollar-UA Systemwide
S*PMO/Dollar UA Systemwide
Amount 100.00
Issued by corporate for a award trip gone bad
Treat as Type "B" Voucher (on the back)

2nd
Profile Name: Service Check
Treat as type AB Certificate
Issued by HNL Call Center for making a mistake
Amount:100.00

3rd
UAL: S*UAL/TRAVEL VOUCHER
Treat at Type B Voucher
Amount 39
Issued for a refare

4th
UAL: S*UAL/TRAVEL VOUCHER
Treat at Type B Voucher
Amount 120
Issued for a refare

I also belive that their is a profile code that instructs UAL not to charge me a booking fee. Can someone send me this

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:45 pm

The thread below should answer all of your questions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342377
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by blort
The thread below should answer all of your questions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342377
Based on the thread. It sounds like I can NOT combine the AB certificate, but can combine the GoodWill and refare if I get a good CSR as the three are all "TYPE B" vouchers.

Is that correct?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by mudba
Is that correct?
That sounds about right... Type B should be combinable, and you can even throw a single Type A in there if you've got it. Type AB is a pain.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K; Marriott Au; Hyatt Dsc
I was recently told that I could NOT combine two CSR vouchers of the PMO/DOLLARUA type. Blessing in disguise as the combination of the two would have been greater than the re-fared itinerary and I would have lost out on much of the value of the second voucher.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by aerokitty
I was recently told that I could NOT combine two CSR vouchers of the PMO/DOLLARUA type.
If they are Type A or Type AB, that is no surprise, as neither type is combinable.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Combine e-certificate with CS certificate?

It's been a while since I've had to do a complicated booking, and search didn't yield the answer.

I've got the elite choice $50 e-certificate, but would also like to use a PMO-DOLLARUA voucher to buy my tickets for the upcoming SFO Mega-DO.

Is there any way to book and hold the itinerary using the e-certificate so that I can go to the airport and pay the balance with the CS $UA voucher?

I'm sure this has been brought up before, so any help pointing me to the correct thread would be appreciated.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:41 pm

I personally asked this a few months back; I'll link to the thread if I can find it. The short answer is no... electronic certificates cannot be combined with paper vouchers. You'll find that you cannot do a "book and hold" on united.com if you apply an e-certificate.

However, there is one anecdote of an FTer ticketing in-person at an airport, and the agent there apparently said she could enter an e-certificate code... in that case, you should be able to combine an e-certificate with another voucher. However, since the PMO/DOLLARUA is a Type A voucher, you would be combining two discount instruments, which is usually not allowed; usually only one discount instrument is allowed, although you could combine that with multiple cash-value instruments (e.g. Type B vouchers).
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I've merged a few threads together to consolidate the information on this topic and, hoefully, make it easier to find for future searches.

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.