Community
Wiki Posts
Search

adding stop-overs on united.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
adding stop-overs on united.com

I'm booking a flight from HNL to PHL. I want to stop over in San Fran on the way back. Both online AND on the phone with a United rep I get a fare of $620 (without the stop-over) .

Booking online, when I read the rules, they state that 2 stop-overs are permitted, one in each direction, for approximately $59 each. But, the only way I know to add a stop-over is by choosing multi-city. And then, the fare skyrockets to about $800.

On the phone w/ a United CSR I'm able to book the original fare of $620 and get the one stop-over, with a total fare of about $690. Of course, I have to pay the CSR for the privilege of speaking w/ him.

Same dates, same flights - still not possible to get the lowest fare on united.com .

Is there something I'm missing or doing incorrectly?

Many thanks,
Aloha
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, that's a toughie. Lots of times stopovers have to be booked with humans just cause .bomb is not smart enought to do it. So is the CSR saying it is allowed? If so, I would ask for them to waive the fee for this and book it for you. I would otherwise be inclined to say that you should call web support, but they really are not helpful and would not understand what you are trying to say.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Thanks for the reply. What you say about web support is bringing back horrible memories from my time on the phone with United yesterday.

Yes, the CSR booked the stop-over at the price that I was unable to book online.

I DID ask to be transferred to web support and I'm amazed that you are RIGHT ON!!! I explained to them what I was UNABLE to do. The agent went on and on about the need for me to call him "right away" when these things happen. (that's exactly what I did). He spoke to a supervisor and my request to not pay the $15 fee was refused. I still believe that he had no grasp of what I was calling about.

I'm going to the ticket counter at HNL to pick up my ticket today. I'll try one more time to have the fee waived. I'm applying a $25 coupon that cannot be redeemed online, too, but that's another matter....

Again - thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.