Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 14, 04, 1:53 am   #1
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: port broad reach
Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Posts: 6,525
Useful UA Profiles (S* Computer Codes) - version 2

This thread is a re-creation/update of a thread vanished from FT and Google cache.

It was originally lauched by cblaisd who thought that it
Quote:
might be handy to begin to collect on this thread the UA computer codes that we sometimes need in order to "educate" the occasional UA CSR regarding this or that situation.
So post away

In fact, I'll start with the first post from that thread...

Last edited by WindFlyer; Sep 13, 05 at 11:25 pm. Reason: clarity
WindFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 14, 04, 1:56 am   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: port broad reach
Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Posts: 6,525
VDB Compensation

S*UAL/DENIED-VDB
DEF
CONTINUED

COMPENSATE WITH A FREE TICKET OR TRAVEL CREDIT...IF THE CUSTOMER DECLINES TO VOLUNTEER...COMPENSATE AS AN IDB.

———— PROMOTIONAL FARE/MP FREE/ZERO VALUE TICKETS ———
VDB FREE TKT OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB

———— OPAQUE FARE TICKETS *E.G. PRICELINE/HOTWIRE* ——
VDB FREE TKT 'OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB

———- BULK FARE -——-
VDB FREE TKT OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB


S*UAL/DENIED-VDB

DEFINITION OF VDB >S*R.A
VDB COMPENSATION >S*R.B
DB SITUATIONS >S*R.C

VOLUNTARY DENIED BOARDINGS OR *VDB* ARE CUSTOMERS WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR CONFIRMED RESERVATION/SEAT IN EXCHANGE FOR COMPENSATION,

FOR INVOLUNTARY DENIED BOARDINGS SEE >S*UAL/DENIED-IDB

** VOLUNTARY DENIED BOARDINGS **

COMPENSATION

*THE DBC FREE TICKET SHOULD BE USED AS THE PRIMARY FORM OF VDB COMPENSATION IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES.

*TRAVEL CREDITS ARE THE PRIMARY FORM OF VDB COMPENSATION IN CANADA*ALASKA*HAWAII*AND INTERNATIONAL LOCATIONS

FLIGHT PROTECTION COMPENSATION
MORE THAN 1 HOUR UP TO 3 HOURS FREE TKT OR $200TC
3 TO 6 HOURS FREE TKT OR $400TC
MORE THAN 6 HOURS FREE TKT OR $600TC
INTERNATIONAL VARIES SEE >S*UAL/INTL-COMPENSATION

ONE HOUR RULES
IF CUSTOMER IS PROTECTED ON A FLIGHT THAT IS SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE AT THE CUSTOMER*S NEXT STOPOVER OR DESTINATION WITHIN 1 HOUR OF THE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL TIME OF THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT UNITED IS NOT REQUIRED TO COMPENSATE THE CUSTOMER, HOWEVER THE CUSTOMER SHOULD BE GIVEN A $100 TRAVEL CREDIT NOT A FREE TICKET.

* IN ADDITION ALL. VDB MUST BE GIVEN FREE TKT/TRAVEL CREDIT LEAFLET URS4141A.

———— OVERSALES ———
VDB FREE TKT OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB
——— WEIGHT RESTRICTED ————.
VDB FREE TKT OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB
——— EQUIPMENT SUBSTITUTION ———
VDB FREE TKT OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB
——— LATE CHECK-IN* ———
VDB FREE TKT OR TRAVEL CREDIT REPORT AS VDB

*IF IN DB SITUATION...LATE CHECK IN IS CONSIDERED A DB.
DETERMINE IF CUSTOMER IS A VDB OR IDB AND COMPENSATE APPROPRIATELY.

*IF LATE CHECK-IN ARRIVES AT THE GATE *TO CHECK IN* AND THE BOARDING PROCESS IS COMPLETE...THE RESERVATION CUTOFF PLOICY MAY BE EXERCISED IN ORDER NOT TO DELAY THE FLIGHT.

——— CONNECTIONS ———

- IF A CUSTOMER ARRIVES AT THE GATE LATE DUE TO A LATE CONNECTING UA/UAX FLIGHT...IRRESPECTIVE OF THE REASON FOR THE DELAYED FLIGHT...THE RESERVATION CUTOFF POLICY MAY NOT BE EXERCISED.

- IF THE JETBRIDGE HAS BEEN PULLED AND NO OTHER DB*S WERE TAKEN...THIS CUSTOMER *IS NOT* ENTITLED TO DB COMPENSATION.

- IF THE JETBRIDGE HAS BEEN PULLED AND DB*S WERE TAKEN...THIS CUSTOMER *IS* ENTITLED TO DB COMPENSATION

- IF THE JETBRIDGE IS STILL UP BUT THE CONNECTION IS NOT ALLOWED TO BOARD * EITHER BECAUSE THE FLIGHT IS IN A DB SITUATION OR THEIR SEATS HAVE BEEN GIVEN AWAY AND THE FLIGHT IS FULL OR A LOCAL DECISION IS MADE THAT IT IS TOO CLOSE TO DEPARTURE TO BOARD CONNECTIONS * THIS CONNECTION IS A DB AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY. IF THE CUSTOMER AGREES TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER...

From this thread, courtesy of mymiles2go and mdchips

Last edited by WindFlyer; Jul 14, 04 at 11:07 am. Reason: put a more useful profile
WindFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 14, 04, 8:15 am   #3
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: GRU
Programs: OW Sapphire(AA), SPG Plat, HH Gold, TAM
Posts: 3,109
S*rcc/admit

(As of March,9 2005 at least there's a restriction for drink chits for transoceanic travellers - other details may also have changed)

S*RCC/ADMIT UPDATED 03MAY2004

* * * UNITED RED CARPET CLUB ACCESS GUIDELINES * * *
FOR US AIRWAYS NEWS >S*R.U

* * RED CARPET CLUB MEMBER ACCESS * *
A VALID RED CARPET CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
GUEST POLICY:
WITHIN US: TWO GUESTS OR SPOUSE AND DEPENDENT CHILDREN
OUTSIDE US: ONE OR SPOUSE AND DEPENDENT CHILDREN
MEMBER MUST ACCOMPANY GUEST(S) AT ALL TIMES
FOR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP STATUS... CHECK MPM
MEMBERS TRAVELLING WITHOUT THEIR MEMBERSHIP CARD
MAY BE ASKED TO STEP ASIDE SHOULD THERE BE A LINE
AT THE CLUB ACCESS POINT AND SHOULD BE ASKED TO WAIT
UNTIL THE LINE CLEARS

* * * UA AND STAR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS * * *
UNITED FIRST INTERNATIONAL AT ALL CLUBS ON SAME-DAY
TRAVEL... ONE GUEST ALLOWED... TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD
BE PROVIDED AT THE GATEWAY.
UNITED BUSINESS INTERNATIONAL AT ALL CLUBS ON SAME-DAY
TRAVEL... NO GUESTS ALLOWED... TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD
BE PROVIDED AT GATEWAY.
* * * INTERNATIONAL DEFINITION * * *
TO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES EXCLUDING SAN JUAN
CUSTOMERS WHO TRAVEL TO CANADA MEXICO ARUBA AND
ST THOMAS WILL BE TREATED AS INTERNATIONAL AND
CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE RED CARPET CLUB
THIS APPLIES TO UA CUSTOMERS(F XF NF C XC NC)
AND STAR GOLD CUSTOMERS ONLY ..SAME DAY TRAVEL IS
REQUIRED AND THIS INCLUDES CONNECTING STATIONS
ON SAME DAY TRAVEL AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN F OR C
CLASS FOR THE ENTIRE ITINERARY......
FOR EXAMPLE: LAX Y ORD F YYZ...ACCESS IN ORD ONLY
FOR EXAMPLE: LAX F ORD F YYZ ...ACCESS IN LAX AND ORD

* * STAR GOLD ACCESS - OA STAR ALLIANCE CUSTOMERS * *
STAR GOLD CUSTOMERS (EXCEPT UA AND US AIR STAR GOLD)
TRAVELING ON A SAME DAY STAR OPERATED FLIGHT
HAVE ACCESS TO RED CARPET CLUB ON DAY OF TRAVEL
CUSTOMER SHOULD PRESENT STAR GOLD CARD
AND BOARDING PASS FOR STAR OPERATED FLIGHT
* * SEE NOTE BELOW FOR UA AND US * *
** NOTE UA AND US STAR GOLD CUSTOMERS HAVE ACCESS
ONLY IN CONJUCTION WITH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL* * *
GUESTS MUST ENTER THE LOUNGE WITH AN ELIGIBLE
STAR ALLIANCE GOLD MEMBER AND MUST DEPART ON A
STAR ALLIANCE MEMBER AIRLINE BUT MAY TRAVEL ON A
DIFFERENT FLIGHT.
TWO DRINK CHITS SHOULD BE PROVIDED AT GATEWAY.
ALL CARD HOLDERS AND GUESTS SHOULD BE TRACKED
-STAR ALLIANCE ACCESS SEE: >S*RCC/ALLIANCE
-US AIRWAYS RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT SEE: >S*RCC/US_AIRWAYS

Last edited by pb9997; Mar 11, 05 at 8:08 pm. Reason: No longer fully accurate as of 03/2005
pb9997 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 04, 9:55 am   #4
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The road less traveled
Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, CX Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 4,779
Same-day changes without change-fee are no longer valid. I really wish they would bring these back! Frontier Airlines allows their top elites to even standby for flights the day before AND the day after their originally scheduled flight for no charge.

Now... that's an incredible perk.
JohnnyP is offline  
Old Jul 14, 04, 11:08 am   #5
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: port broad reach
Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Posts: 6,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Same-day changes without change-fee are no longer valid...
Noted. Thanks for the heads up.
WindFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 26, 04, 10:22 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: port broad reach
Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Posts: 6,525
Y and B fares elegible for complimentary upgrade

From this thread and thanks to sftrvlr

S*PMO/UG is the main profile. It then lists the other upgrade profiles.

The Y/B is under S*PMO/UG-YB COMPLIMENTARY. The applicable fare basis codes for complimentary upgrade are:
-----BOOKING CODES/FARE BASIS CODES-----

PERMITTED FROM BOOKING CODE BOOK UPGRADE IN
---------------- -------------- -----------------
ECONOMY Y/B - SEE BELOW NC OR NF

FARE BASIS CODES: Y YUA YUAS BUA BUAS B1UA YUAX BUAX
BUANR YUANR B0CRREF B0NB B2 BE120C
BHE120C BHE90C BHO BHW0CR BHWR BA3
BHX0CR BHXR BLE120C BLE90C BLO BA3S
BLW0CR BLWR BLX0CR BLXR BPE90C
BRHOLNR BSFFL Y2 YHO YHWR YHXR
YLO YLWR YLXR
WindFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 26, 04, 10:28 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: port broad reach
Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Posts: 6,525
Bonus EQMs for full fares (and First and Biz)

From this thread and thanks to sftrvlr:

S*MPI/PREMIER.B is the profile. The applicable bits are below:

*** IMPORTANT NEWS FOR 2004 ***
BEGINNING JANUARY 01 2004..UNITED WILL REWARD CUSTOMERS
BUYING UNITED FIRST..UNITED BUSINESS AND UNRESTRICTED
FARES IN UNITED ECONOMY BY CREDITING 150 PCT ON BOTH
MILES AND SEGMENTS EARNED TOWARD 2005 ELITE STATUS. IN
ADDITION...CUSTOMERS BUYING UNITED FIRST AND MOST
UNITED BUSINESS FARES WILL CONTINUE TO ENJOY REDEEMABLE
MILE BONUSES.
------------------------------------------------------
UNITED PURCHASED CLASS EQM AND EQS REDEEMABLE MILES
------------------------------------------------------
FIRST F A P‡ 150 PCT 150 PCT
BUSINESS C D‡ 150 PCT 125 PCT
BUSINESS - DISCOUNTED Z‡ 150 PCT 100 PCT
FULL FARE ECONOMY Y B‡ 150 PCT 100 PCT
OTHER ECONOMY FARES 100 PCT 100 PCT
E/M/U/H/Q/V/W/S/T/K/L‡
------------------------------------------------------
EQM MEANS ELITE QUALIFYING MILES
EQS MEANS ELITE QUALIFYING SEGMENTS
------------------------------------------------------
500
WindFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 10:47 am   #8
Community Director
2014 Elections
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 23,652
Does anyone have a copy of this profile?

S*UAL/INTL-COMPENSATION
__________________
Cast your ballot now for the 2015 Talkboard! More details on how to vote and the candidates here.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Feb 4, 05, 7:58 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MKE, WI
Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2MM Platinum
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does anyone have a copy of this profile?

S*UAL/INTL-COMPENSATION
I do. If you'll explain how I might post, I would be happy to?
ORDNorth is offline  
Old Feb 5, 05, 3:23 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Posts: 126
Does anyone have S*FAR/STANDBY?

Thanks in advance.
onofre is offline  
Old Feb 6, 05, 1:44 am   #11
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/SIN - United 1K MM / SPG Platinum / Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 4,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does anyone have a copy of this profile?

S*UAL/INTL-COMPENSATION
Thanks to ORDNorth.

S*UAL/INTL-COMPENSATION
kluau88 is online now  
Old Mar 11, 05, 8:04 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: GRU
Programs: OW Sapphire(AA), SPG Plat, HH Gold, TAM
Posts: 3,109
S*rcc/admit

S*RCC/ADMIT UPDATED 03MAY2004 - needs to be corrected, no longer the latest version is as typed above !!!

Drink Chits are currently being provided only to Transoceanic travellers that are admitted to RCCs based on being *A Gold. This enhancement is new -I haven't seen it mentioned here before - and is now part of the S*RCC/ADMIT.

I'd very much appreciate someone to please print out and let us know the full terms of the current S*RCC/ADMIT, as they are written... they may finally benefit Premier Execs and 1Ks that are not US-residents as a trade-off for receiving zippo promos... I'm sure Gaucho100K, ozstamps, RichardMEL, BrisbanePE, among others UA *A Golds will appreciate

Customer Service made it very clear that UA *A Gold US-residents need to have an RCC membership to get access to the RCC when not flying international - that's not new.
pb9997 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 05, 10:01 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P)
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb9997
S*RCC/ADMIT UPDATED 03MAY2004 - needs to be corrected, no longer the latest version is as typed above !!!

Drink Chits are currently being provided only to Transoceanic travellers that are admitted to RCCs based on being *A Gold. This enhancement is new -I haven't seen it mentioned here before - and is now part of the S*RCC/ADMIT.
If you don't have the full terms of RCC/ADMIT then how do you KNOW that something has changed? Where has your information come from? And what exactly is the change? In one sentence you say it only provides for drink chits to *A Gold, then in another claim this will somehow benefit non-US-resident UA *Gold

Please clarify exactly what you think has changed and what the source of this information was.

Thank you.

Last edited by BrisbanePE; Mar 15, 05 at 10:04 pm.
BrisbanePE is offline  
Old Mar 15, 05, 10:09 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: GRU
Programs: OW Sapphire(AA), SPG Plat, HH Gold, TAM
Posts: 3,109
BrisbanePE

There's no need to have the full terms to know something has changed, right ?

Anyway, here it goes :
a) Had it printed at an RCC - unfortunately couldn't keep it as I did last time, as I was the FT who published the May 4th, 2004 S*RCC/ADMIT

b) Change corroborated by UA Customer Service

Yes it has changed. It's a fact. The change regarding drink chits is for 'Transoceanic' flights.

Because I was focusing on Drink Chits something beneficial might have slipped... Consider yourself included in the group of FTers I paged above who might get some benefit of the changes, if they're confirmed. I can't elaborate any further until someone gets a full version of this profile

Last edited by pb9997; Mar 15, 05 at 10:20 pm. Reason: BrisbanePE, you editted yours - I editted mine (quid pro quo) ;)
pb9997 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 05, 10:23 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P)
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb9997
a) Had it printed at an RCC - unfortunately couldn't keep it as I did last time, as I was the FT who published the May 4th, 2004 S*RCC/ADMIT

b) Change corroborated by UA Customer Service

Yes it has changed. It's a fact. The change regarding drink chits is for 'Transoceanic' flights.
I was confused by the fact that you hadn't actually changed any of the text in the RCC/ADMIT profile - so I was wondering where the information had come from.

I'm seeking independent verification from my usual RCC sources.

God this is a PAIN! There has been so much confusion over drink chits, particularly with RCC staff who don't know the rules, and now they go and change them again!
BrisbanePE is offline  
 
 
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:14 am.