Wiki Posts
Search

Asking experts - Z fares upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2004, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
Asking experts - Z fares upgrade?

Have purchased LAX-JFK-LAX business class ticket at a very surprising reasonable price. Understand that SWU can only work on C & D fares for upgrade to F. How about miles or 500 milers? Because the plane is the old 762! 1K desk said "No" to every option. Anyone has tried to upgrade before on Z-fares?
Old Jun 5, 2004, 9:55 am

Programs: UA-1P
Originally Posted by ctkw
Have purchased LAX-JFK-LAX business class ticket at a very surprising reasonable price. Understand that SWU can only work on C & D fares for upgrade to F. How about miles or 500 milers? Because the plane is the old 762! 1K desk said "No" to every option. Anyone has tried to upgrade before on Z-fares?

Z fares can be upgraded through easy checkin units if the machine wants you to pay more. It is a machine oriented upgrade only available on the EZ unit.

Z can also be upgraded at the airport when flying intl and the are looking for customers to UFC (upgrade for cash) this would only be available on gateway intl non-stops. No announcements are made about this program.

I am not certain about the UAL.COM upgrades, when buying a tkt on UAL.COM, I have been asked if I would want to upgrade for additional amount. But this has only happen from an econ fare. I have never purchased a biz class tkt from UAL.COM, so I can't answer for that scenerio.

So yes they can. Upgrades with miles, No. Upgrades with Regional or System, No. Upgrades from Sales promotions, No.

Don't ya miss the sweet spots now!!

Hope this answers your question.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
Thank you.
I want my sweet spot!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.