Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage Plus Shopping Toolbar

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum
Has anyone seen the miles posted yet from the toolbar searches? I haven't seen anything yet. I wonder how fast they are posted.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
From the help button on the toolbar....

Q. How long will it take for the Mileage Plus award miles I earn on searches to appear in my Mileage Plus Shopping account?
A. At the end of every month we calculate the number of Mileage Plus award miles you earned on searches powered by Yahoo! The Mileage Plus award miles will appear in your Mileage Plus account within 60 days.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
too bad there is a limit to this offer. or else leaving a computer on with this and an automation script would be
Old May 3, 2011, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by RandomTaiwanese
too bad there is a limit to this offer. or else leaving a computer on with this and an automation script would be

That's the very reason why there is a limit. Abuse would be rampant.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
glad I found this. Two people in my world have soon to expire UA miles and this will help them
Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:35 pm

Much more than 60 days I first used it and never saw the miles post.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rafaelbra
Much more than 60 days I first used it and never saw the miles post.
classic UA shopping then. Ah well, we tried
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I don't think it's just the Mileage Plus version. I haven't checked my US Air acct, but I did look at the AA shopping version and I haven't seen any miles post in recent months. (Remember of course that it is all the same people.)

I think something is screwed up with their system. Or at least it better be a temporary screw up, rather than a stealth discontinuation...

FTF
Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I don't think it's just the Mileage Plus version. I haven't checked my US Air acct, but I did look at the AA shopping version and I haven't seen any miles post in recent months. (Remember of course that it is all the same people.)

I think something is screwed up with their system. Or at least it better be a temporary screw up, rather than a stealth discontinuation...

FTF
All I can offer up is this:

years ago when a shopping purchase on UA's portal went missing, I fortunately kept records of everything I had done to obtain those miles. I actually knew months in advance that I needed to top off an account for an award that needed to be booked 11 months out in order to be doable.

Well, the shopping gig that should have posted in 6-8 weeks was now taking months, and this dipped into my 11 months out time frame. I contacted UA and had to move through layers of different departments to finally reach a supervisor who was willing to help. She posted my miles, but of course, by then, I was into 9 months out and my flights were not as available.

I explained that the reason I could not book was due to UAs error but of course they would not hear it. I got lucky and a flight was still workable for my needs, but it stunk lemme tell ya.

the point is, there's a need to track every mile or every purchase or promo we do with these silly things, because these entities mess up and it costs us all the time in one way or another.

I think in the case of my friend who needs UA miles activity, he may be able to show how something SHOULD have posted on X date instead of later, and they may unexpire him or something. But of course if it takes 60 days to post anyway--even without error, then this toolbar wont work for him anyway.

I am going to suggest he donates some miles or something. Such activity counts and is often quicker.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Too true, Marathon Man, and I am fanatical about keeping copies when I purchase things through the online malls, etc. (They often don't work, but I've always gotten credit eventually.) But I'm not sure how to prove my point with the toolbar, for searches.

FTF
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:32 am

Don't you love how they still want you to use their portal to shop even though they don't post the miles that you earned?
Subject: Earn 1,000 miles when you shop for Dad
Sent: Tue 6/07/11
Shop for Father's Day gifts and earn 1000 miles. Hurry up. Offer ends 6/30/11.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Anyone recieve miles for search function yet?

Just checked my activity records on .bomb
I see 250 miles posted with an activity date of March 1. I guess this was the bonus for downloading / using the toolbar.

I have not had anything post for using the search function of the toolbar.

T&Cs indicate miles are determined at the end of each month, and deposited 60 days later. By my calculations, any searches made in March should have posted by June 1.

Did anyone actually receive any miles for the search function? Alternatively, has anyone taken the time to try and contact United about it?

If I get bored over the weekend, I might spend some time trying to get answers if no one has already tried.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Just checked my activity records on .bomb
I see 250 miles posted with an activity date of March 1. I guess this was the bonus for downloading / using the toolbar.
Originally Posted by Portolan
Got an email about the toolbar this morning. The link goes to https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/...wnload250.aspx where it still states there is a 250 mile bonus after first use before April 30th. Downside is that the bonus posts up to 10 weeks after the end of the promotion which I take to mean mid-July!
I have not had anything post for using the search function of the toolbar.

T&Cs indicate miles are determined at the end of each month, and deposited 60 days later. By my calculations, any searches made in March should have posted by June 1.
Originally Posted by goodeats21
From the help button on the toolbar....

Q. How long will it take for the Mileage Plus award miles I earn on searches to appear in my Mileage Plus Shopping account?
A. At the end of every month we calculate the number of Mileage Plus award miles you earned on searches powered by Yahoo! The Mileage Plus award miles will appear in your Mileage Plus account within 60 days.
Did anyone actually receive any miles for the search function? Alternatively, has anyone taken the time to try and contact United about it?

If I get bored over the weekend, I might spend some time trying to get answers if no one has already tried.
You're ahead of me, I haven't seen any points, bonus or search miles, and I also downloaded and have been using since March. The interesting thing is that you got your 250 miles "early" & the search miles are "late" to post.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MyTravels, thanks for the data points.

I don't believe the 250 was posted early. If I downloaded and used the toolbar in mid March, 10 weeks would put it right at the beginning of June.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Same thing here... I've had the download/signup miles post, but have never received any miles from doing the searches using the toolbar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.