What will be the allowable layover on a one-region award then?
I assume it's the normal layover, i.e. enough time to catch the next connecting flight, instead of forgoing the remaining connecting flights on the same day and overnighting at the transfer point, as long as the layover is less than 24 hours.
I should have an occasion to book a *A one-way, single-region award in the next few days and will report back with my actual experience.
I'm happy for the folks who like this benefit but one thing that hasn't been addressed yet is whether the one way awards are in addition to round trip awards - which include a stopover - or if they are replacing those traditional awards. Anyone know or willing to ask when you call in to book your trip?
I like the idea of one-way awards well enough but that stopover on the traditional award is HUGE for me. I get a TON of value from that. I'd hate to lose it.
Sometimes one way is all you need.
For times like that, we're now offering One-Way Awards. For half the miles of a roundtrip award (starting at 12,500 miles for a domestic Saver Award), you can fly one way on United-, United Express-operated flights, and Star Alliance partners.
• One-Way Awards are available for both Saver Awards (fewer miles) and Standard Awards (more miles and more flexibility).
• You can use these awards to fly United-, United Express-operated flights and Star Alliance partners. Sorry, these awards cannot currently be used with other airline partners.
• You must fly the most direct route from origin to destination. That means no stopovers. You can, however, make connections. Tip: If you want to visit multiple cities, you can use multiple One-Way Awards to create your itinerary.
• You can change your award ticket at any time or get a refund before you travel, but know that you may be charged a fee. See fee chart for details
• See our destination guide for a list of countries and regions.
• Complete One-Way Awards rules
Cpt O'Hagen: "I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, Shenanigans." -Super Troopers