Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2003, 10:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
As a recently-comped 1P with UA who hopes to qualify for 1K by the end of 2004, I appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into gathering all these codes. I also like the fact that UA allows MP members to see availability in each of the fare buckets on flights.

I've played around on united.com, looking at different flights and dates, and I have a question. Quite often, the a search returns the message "NO QUALIFYING FLIGHTS." I know that this means that the fare bucket being searched for (R, O, or N) is not available. Does this necessarily mean that the upgrade buckets (X and I) are also not available?
Old Nov 15, 2003, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Has United dones away with the special allocation of award seats for 1Ks?</font>
They may be gone from the web...I don't know. But just 5 minutes ago I booked an Economy Saver Award for the exact flights I wanted when the web site said nothing available...nothing...and the agent booked it in "NY" with My Itineraries now showing confirmed:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Class: NY</font>
So they're still out there by phone at least.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:45 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PDX1K:
Glen, I was just searching for paid flights to Orlando next spring(TED route) and noticed that there were two new fare codes that I don't normally see on paid tickets. The codes were "E" and "U". The total listing looked like this - F9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 G0 A9 E9 U9 This particular list was for PDX-DEN so that's why first class is there but the both the E and U were also on the DEN-MCO leg.

I have never seen U before and have no idea what it is. I have seen E codes before but only when searching for award flights.

Are these new revenue fare types? and if so what is the nature of these fares?

Has United dones away with the special allocation of award seats for 1Ks?

PDX1K

[This message has been edited by PDX1K (edited Nov 15, 2003).]
</font>
That's in preparation for TED.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/023425.html

[This message has been edited by kluau88 (edited Nov 16, 2003).]
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks as always for the "heads up" on the new use for "U" and "E" classes folks.

I've amended the master list to take this on board.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from UA 747-400 exit row 15A near you SOON!
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oops - dupe post.

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited Nov 21, 2003).]
Old Nov 24, 2003, 8:23 pm

OZStamps,
I'm having trouble getting this to work. When I follow the instructions I get all the way through the search for flights and then "No Qualifying Flights" listed. Nothing about what award seats are left or have been allocated. Am I missing something?
thanks,
Papa3
Old Dec 16, 2003, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; IC RA
BUMP... great thread Glen!
It might be a good idea now to include the 2004 e-SWU info (good on all classes except Z S T K L G), and perhaps a link to how you can download smile67's most excellent tool for seeing available fare buckets from Galileo:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...009504-16.html

------------------
The black art of how to gift UA North America Upgrades is revealed here.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

xpacific - I generally have waited until we SEE Certs (or in this case, their entry on 1K accounts!) before posting, as they may well move the goal posts on this like they seem to have done on many other things lately.

Re that link - isn't that thought by many that it will be closed down by Galileo soon when they wake up to it?

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!
Old Dec 18, 2003, 5:57 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I found out from a travel agent that Z class fares are usually for discounted Business class.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chitownflyer:

I found out from a travel agent that Z class fares are usually for discounted Business class.</font>
Wow. Whoever wudda known that before?

This thread you may find has more info on that:

<A HREF="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/014576.html" TARGET=_blank> Click for a comprehensive compilation - listing and outlining all known UA revenue/award/upgrade booking codes "A - Z" (and details of many UA Upgrade Certificates) and how to access and view them all on www.ual.com </A>

Old Jan 1, 2004, 6:56 pm

Ozstamps - thanks so much - this is really helpful stuff.

good on ya

chobby
Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:01 pm
hb1

The e-mail from UA announcing the new EQM bonus for Y/B fares had some interesting tidbits anbout fare codes confirming prior speculation.

Z is listed as "Discounted Business"

The new E and U fare classes show up as mileage earning. The economy fare codes are listed in the following order: Y B E M U H Q V W S T K L. Assuming that this order means something, the fact that the E and U Ted fares are listed before H gives some sense of whether Ted is truly a low cost carrier (unless the E/U fares are meant to be full-fare equivalents to Y/B).

(edited for typos)

[This message has been edited by hb1 (edited Jan 06, 2004).]
Old Jan 14, 2004, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well ..... took a fair bit of re-writing but have updated this to hopefully put into print much detail on the new SWU AND the confirmed fact the 2003 paper SWU may NOW be legally used to upgrade W/V/Q It'l fares, and added the Apollo reference thread to print out and take with you.

Unless you read FT, this gem of info would never be known is my guess.

------------------
~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from a UA 747-400 exit row 15 near you SOON!
Old Jan 19, 2004, 1:21 am
Patron

Thanks for this informative and instructive compilation, ozstamps!

So UA also introduced electronic upgrade vouchers! The advantage I see is that you will not be hurt if you did not receive this mailing or you forgot your paper SWU at home, when you need it at check in; if you still be able to gift these perks to a friend I do not know and about a definitive disadvantage I do not talk.

Old Feb 8, 2004, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
ozstamps,

UA is now listing E as a regular revenue code. Mostly in conjunction with the new TED fares such as ETEDS or ETEDNR. Are they still using the same code for the 1k awards?

[This message has been edited by NeoOfTheCRS (edited Feb 08, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.