Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2003, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Click on "update profile" on the opening page, and then "display preferences". In that section you can change availabiliy display to "expert mode".
Old Jan 25, 2003, 1:03 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tom911:
Click on "update profile" on the opening page, and then "display preferences". In that section you can change availabiliy display to "expert mode".</font>
muchas gracias! i was looking in the 'MP' page!
Old Jan 26, 2003, 3:29 pm

What's the letter code for free award Y tix on LH or Austrian?
Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Thanks a lot. BTW there is a great A Class fare ex BKK for flights from BKK to YVR, approximately 2500USD!
Are there many similar A Class offers ??
Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL:Lifetime Gold: US:CM:SPG:Lifetime Plat:HHonors:Diamond
Sorry if this question is covered somewhere else..but what is teh fare code to go form a coach ticket to first class upgrade? I see the codes from business but not from coach.
Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
In North America/Hawaii/Alaska/Caribbean:

Coach to first is "X" inventory on 2 class planes.
Coach to business is "I" inventory on 3 class planes.
Business to first is "X" inventory on 3 class planes.

You can't upgrade coach to first on a 3 class plane (unless you get operationally upgraded, or you work for the airline .

[This message has been edited by skofarrell (edited 02-17-2003).]
Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
What's the inventory to upgrade to Coach from UnitedCargo?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PHLFlyerDL:

Sorry if this question is covered somewhere else..but what is teh fare code to go form a coach ticket to first class upgrade? I see the codes from business but not from coach.
Thanks!
</font>
Nope, you did not miss the answer, as it was not explained fully in the orignal table. skofarrel answers it nicely for you above and I have made provision for 2 class "domestic" region planes in the grid next to "X" class on page one. Thanks for the feedback.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Feb 18, 2003, 3:40 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
What's the letter code for free award Y tix on LH or Austrian? </font>

LH and OS use the same booking codes for awards and upgrades, they are:
X: For economy
I: For Business
O: For First
Old Feb 18, 2003, 7:46 pm

OZ, this is great--thanks. I have a question. Somewhere else someone noted that fare codes that end with "I" are Internet-only fares and cannot be upgraded. Is this true? (If it isn't upgradable, why not simply give it a non-upgradable fare basis?) Would it make sense to document this in your description? I usually just look at the first letter of the multicharacter fare basis codes. Is there any significance to the other letters?
Old Feb 18, 2003, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by et415:

OZ, this is great--thanks. I have a question. Somewhere else someone noted that fare codes that end with "I" are Internet-only fares and cannot be upgraded. Is this true? (If it isn't upgradable, why not simply give it a non-upgradable fare basis?) Would it make sense to document this in your description? </font>
That is (generally) correct, and is covered in the post:

The February "2002" mailed SWUs (also confusingly coded BP6U1K) are thus far more useful but will NOT allow upgrades on award tickets or G, S, K, L, T class (domestic or It'l) or RTW tickets of any class. Some fares in classes other than these may also NOT be used, such as "internet only specials" and 'non-published' fares.

However, about the only ONE piece of good news on the "2003" SWUs in this respect is that they do NOT specifically include "internet only" fares as being NON-upgradeable AFAIK. Seeing most "2002" issued SWU expire in 5 weeks, that "i" fare nonsense will not be an issue for most here.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 19, 2003, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 05-30-2003).]
Old May 30, 2003, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Updated today to reflect that it appears official Star 1/2/3 RTW fares now book in "B" class in coach and not "H" class which appears to have been the case pre April 15:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/019819.html

Also note that the 'CURRENT' (2003 mailed) SWU certs now DO ALLOW United RTW sectors to be upgraded one class from either coach (B/H) and Business (D). The 2002 issued Certs specifically EXCLUDED * RTW from being officially upgradeable.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Jun 17, 2003, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
Bump. This is extremely useful information.

------------------
-Otto
Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:44 pm

Thank you for putting this together, Ozstamps. It's very useful for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.