Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

exec. says UA to exit bankruptcy "one way or another"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...al/8098291.htm

Mar. 3 - United Airlines' chief financial officer Jake Brace assured analysts Tuesday that the nation's No. 2 airline would exit bankruptcy "one way or the other." Brace said securing a $1.6 billion loan guarantee from the federal Air Transportation Stabilization Board remains the carrier's best bet to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Considering Ch.7 is one way to exit Ch.11 bankruptcy, perhaps he should have at least ruled out that possibility?
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
At least he said they would "walk" out (rather than crawling or being carried out on a stretcher). My take was that he is anticipating (publicly, anyway) that they will exit bankruptcy (in a positive way) with or without the gtee.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Funny, but whenever we're descending and the purser calls out "we'll be on the ground shortly," I always mumble to myself, "...one way or another."

------------------
Brian/\/\

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.