Search

Best RCC and Worst RCC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2004, 3:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, RCC, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Best RCC and Worst RCC

What is your best and worst Red Carpet Club? How is the service and the atmosphre of the club? Also what snacks does your Best and Worse RCC serve? Recently out of Honolulu in the morning the RCC had drinks, danish, and a cereal bar. I don't really remember seeing any alcoholic drinks. I am not an RCC member so I only have a chance to visit the RCC when I travel on international flights and I asked the RCC agent if they serve the same thing everyday and for the entire day and I was told yes. Honolulu RCC is nice though and plenty of room to relax.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The only domestic US location with complimentary alcohol is MIA (though I haven't flown through there in awhile - still true?).

I've always liked DCA, but that's mostly because it's my home airport so the RCC has been a bit of a home away from home. I like PDX. Contrary to what I think is prevailing wisdom, I don't like SEA --- it's underground so no views and I don't get very good cellular reception there. Not a fan of the ORD or DEN or IAD clubs. Rather like the look and feel of LAX.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
FRA is pretty dreadful. Small, with very little to offer. After seeing what was in the LH Senator Club, the bland offering of white bread rolls with only cream cheese or honey to choose from for spread was just pathetic. Not a whole-grain item in sight, nor jam, yoghurt or anything else one ought to be able to consider pretty standard for the time of day. (There was alcohol available, but I wasn't about to imbibe at 6:30 in the morning.)

Later in the day I recall it gets so crowded that it's much less uncomfortable to be outside in the gate areas.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:51 am

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
The best domestic RCC in my opinion is SFO. It is open and the staff is always helpful. LAX is a close second. SYD has a nice spread of food and drinks. I agree that SEA is not so good. It is cramped and there are not enough monitors. i do enjoy when I fly to Canada and am able to go to AC's Maple Leaf Lounge. The MLL is Terminal 2 @ YYZ is amazing. Heaps of space, beer on tap and pour your own drinks and food, all at no charge.

------------------
"I fly, therefore I am."
Old Jan 22, 2004, 8:18 am

My vote for best domestic also goes to SFO, at least for the layout and decor, if not always the attitude of the CSRs. Worst layout I've come across is the SEA bunker (alas, the one I get to see most often) and I seem to remember IAD was also another windowless box. The lounges at ORD are also shameful given they're at HQ.

The best international RCC I've used is by far and away NRT, and LHR was also pretty good as I remember.

[This message has been edited by GoldenKiwi (edited Jan 22, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
"Worst lounge ever: LHR". It's the only airport where I avoid the UA lounge and use other * lounges. It has the charm of a bad holiday inn lobby, with the front lobby staff to match. The F lounge within the LHR RCC is good, but the standard RCC is not the best.

Best: NRT and SFO
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
Agree that LHR isn't the best, with curt staff and limited snacks. There does seem to be more room there than FRA though (not that that says much).

Does LHR still offer the use of workstations with free internet access? That's a plus, at least.

I'll add my vote for SFO as the best US RCC.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While the FRA RCC is not the best re snacks & midday space (due to 6 B777-flights arriving/dept in a 4h30' minute window) on numerous occasions I have enjoyed:

- the spacious showers
- very helpful & courteous Concierge/Staff
- friendly security staff

Old Jan 22, 2004, 9:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Best:

NRT-Although I rarely drink alcohol, I do like the beer machine. I enjoy filling up 1/4 of the glass with beer. Also, the shower suites are a great break from flying to SIN/BKK.

Worst:

LHR. After spending 1.5 hrs at the LHR Silver Kris club, going to the RCC was depressing. At least, they have internet & sodas so I was able to pass the 30 minutes until flight boarding.

Best little RCC: SNA. The staff were very nice. Flew SNA-LAX-NRT-SIN last year.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 9:18 pm

Me thinks we got corruption on this thread. I KNOW I responded no more than 30 mins ago. All gone
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mymiles2go:
Me thinks we got corruption on this thread. I KNOW I responded no more than 30 mins ago. All gone </font>
Agreed, my post is gone too, and to think all of that work commenting on the clubs down the drain.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickP 1K:
"Worst lounge ever: LHR"....
It has the charm of a bad holiday inn lobby, with the front lobby staff to match.
</font>

And it is next to several well maintained, nicely staffed *A lounges
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
A lot of posts are missing. Seems like I remember those that had bad things to say about IAD and LAX. What's up?

[This message has been edited by flyinbob (edited Jan 22, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

SNA = #1

Personalized service each and every visit.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1K_From_SNA:

SNA = #1

Personalized service each and every visit.
</font>
I agree completely. But better yet...they got Jelly Belly's I look forward to those every Friday when I depart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.