Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 13, 03, 1:52 pm   #1

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 1.99 MM, now AA EXP
Z fare bucket

For those curious about the discounted business class Z fare bucket, united.com is offering a ZHRSNG1E fare SFO-LHR. Try booking outgoing on Dec 28 (must be 14 days in advance) and return on Jan 4 in business and it'll show up for $3549.33.
Old Jan 6, 04, 4:21 pm   #2

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
On some SFO-FRA flights I'm looking out, Z class shows Z9 on the ua.com schedule page and on galileo. In fact, the whole flight shows availability of 9 in all classes. But I can't seem to get a Z fare to come up and be priced -- the computer only shows full C fare. Any tips on getting the web site (or another site) to show Z class fares?
Old Jan 6, 04, 4:28 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: I have elite status. Yaay for me.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfolawyer:
On some SFO-FRA flights I'm looking out, Z class shows Z9 on the ua.com schedule page and on galileo. In fact, the whole flight shows availability of 9 in all classes. But I can't seem to get a Z fare to come up and be priced -- the computer only shows full C fare. Any tips on getting the web site (or another site) to show Z class fares?</font>
According to Travelocity's fare listings, there isn't a Z fare published on SFO-FRA. The only business fares appear to be C and CR. It is possible to see bucket availability on a segment when no fare exists for that itinerary, which is what is happening here.

Old Jan 6, 04, 4:33 pm   #4

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
Ah ha. Mystery solved. May I ask how you found that information? Also, is anyone seeing any Z fares to Europe for the rest of January?
Old Jan 6, 04, 4:36 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: I have elite status. Yaay for me.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfolawyer:
Ah ha. Mystery solved. May I ask how you found that information? Also, is anyone seeing any Z fares to Europe for the rest of January?</font>
On the bottom of the travelocity homepage is a Fare Listings link. You might need to be registered/signed in to access it.
Old Jan 6, 04, 4:40 pm   #6

Programs: AA EXP
Weren't the Z fares just the holiday promos to try to fill the biz cabins when business travelers stay home over Xmas? I recall that AA had all of Europe on sale from SFO over Xmas for $1799 in I class, which is their equivalent of Z class. But UA didn't drop that low this past holiday season. In 2002/2003 season, they were $1199, and UA matched!

------------------
sftrvlr
Old Dec 10, 09, 7:05 pm   #7

Location: Phoenix, Arizona and wherever the U.S. Army takes me
Programs: United Premier Executive, IHG Priority Club Platinum Elite, National Emerald Club
Where do I find Zfares? On UA.com or another site. I have been using the UA site a while but have not seen where I can search with fare codes.
Old Dec 10, 09, 7:23 pm   #8

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 1.66 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
In United.com, select "lowest business fare", with no upgrades.

If the Z fare bucket is available, based on your origin/destination, length of stay and dates of travel, that's what will show up.