Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 12, 10, 12:56 am   #1

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Also My United mile summary page tells me an expiration date of Sep 2011, should I book the tckets before that or should I have travelled before that?

I am planning to travel only in Economy class. So all the miles I earned from hotels and car rentals will also count right?
Old Mar 12, 10, 1:00 am   #2
Moderator, United Airlines, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay_jay View Post
.... Also My United mile summary page tells me an expiration date of Sep 2011, should I book the tckets before that or should I have travelled before that? ...
just need to book tickets before expiration -- travel needs to be completed within an year of booking
Quote:
....I am planning to travel only in Economy class. So all the miles I earned from hotels and car rentals will also count right?
travel class does not matter, all miles earned from all sources can be used to book travel
Old Mar 12, 10, 1:23 am   #3

Programs: SPG,United Mileage Plus, HHonors
If your talking about the miles you earn from your credit card then they don't really expire unless you stop using or earning miles on the card. You can call United to confirm this
Old Mar 12, 10, 1:38 am   #4

Indeed there are lots of ways to reset the clock on the expiration of your miles...Online purchases, MP dining, Miles transfers/purchases...
So plan what's best for you, and keep your miles from expiring when needed.

Earned miles (redeemable miles) can be used from any source you like.
Hotels, Cars, flights, Mortgages...
Old Jul 15, 10, 11:19 am   #5

Hi,

I have a question on miles expiration. Are miles from credit card purchases and miles from previous travel consolidate under one roof. or is that the miles from previous travel expire with in one year if not used? When I call the cust. supp, they give me diff answers. I am a bit confused.

Thanks,
Sam
Old Jul 15, 10, 11:21 am   #6
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: D.R.E.A.D. Gold Card holder; UA 1K/1.007MM; SPG Pt-195; PCC Elite; MR LT Au
All your miles have the same expiration - 18 months from your last account activity (in or out). The source of the miles doesn't matter.
Old Jul 15, 10, 12:00 pm   #7

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Title?

Title of this thread is grossly misleading. NOTHING in the foregoing discussion has responded to "how many united miles required to travel from LAX to India". Can the op/mod edit accordingly.
Old Jul 15, 10, 2:00 pm   #8

Quote:

Also ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulflyer
"how many united miles required to travel from LAX to India"

On the Star Alliance Award Chart, USA to Central Asia is 80K, which is relevant to BOM and DEL.
Note that India is not in South Asia, which is 65K.

Currently, LAX is in the continental US, but in several million years, it might be up by Alaska.

Some stopover issues are discussed in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...one-award.html