Wiki Posts
Search

UAL has been a positive for me

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2003, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
UAL has been a positive for me

With all the negative publicity for our faltering partner, I thought I would add my viewpoint.

I have been a frequent flier for the last 10 years. Some years enough to earn status, some not. Since I live where NW dominates I started flying their airline and was able to earn status one year. I flew NW the most but did give my business to others if their price or schedule better fit my circumstances. Most of my flights were an hour or less.

With a job change my flight patterns changed. I began flying more 2 and 3 hour flights. On one flight I was booked on UAL. As I was listening to the in-flight entertainment and even watching a movie I thought NW never gave me this. If I ever flew to Hawaii with my daughter which flight would she enjoy more?

I soon switched to UAL and have been flying them ever since. Have been premiere the last 4 years with 2P very close. In that same period I have flown UAL to Hawaii on award tickets 3 times and will go again this December. This during the busiest time of the year, Christmas.

How many other airlines can you get an award seat to Hawaii consistently, let alone during Christmas? I have checked availability with NW and have heard rumors about CO. Neither of these.

So I continue to book business with UAL and look forward to UAL thanking me with many more award trips with my family.
Old May 8, 2003, 9:00 am

Good to hear your positive experiences with United. I've been very happy as well in general with them. My only gripe is that there are some inconsistencies in customer service and alot of times many different versions of policies are offered by different agents. That's the most frustrating part.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old May 8, 2003, 9:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by *HighFlyah*:
Good to hear your positive experiences with United. I've been very happy as well in general with them. My only gripe is that there are some inconsistencies in customer service and alot of times many different versions of policies are offered by different agents. That's the most frustrating part.

</font>

I second the inconsistencies comment... besides that, UAL is the only airline I've flown within the last 3 years... Yes, problems here and there... but nothing to lose sleep over...

After reading this site (and it is great and addidicting) I think the ones who have the most problems are the ones who think having status is a expectation for giving them their business versus a privilege.

I have learned and seen that with all the traveling I have done, treat the employees with respect.

If when they mess up, show some understanding and don't blame them... and they are more likely to help you.

Remember, if something happens, yes, you're inconvenienced, but it's the not end of the world.

They are individuals with feelings and families... just like us, they too have to eat, sleep, and be proud of who they are, and they don't need statused individuals giving them a hard time...

[This message has been edited by tdpolo (edited 05-08-2003).]
Old May 8, 2003, 9:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tdpolo:

I second the inconsistencies comment... besides that, UAL is the only airline I've flown within the last 3 years... Yes, problems here and there... but nothing to lose sleep over...

After reading this site (and it is great and addidicting) I think the ones who have the most problems are the ones who think having status is a expectation for giving them their business versus a privilege.

I have learned and seen that with all the traveling I have done, treat the employees with respect.

If when they mess up, show some understanding and don't blame them... and they are more likely to help you.

Remember, if something happens, yes, you're inconvenienced, but it's the not end of the world.

They are individuals with feelings and families... just like us, they too have to eat, sleep, and be proud of who they are, and they don't need statused individuals giving them a hard time...

[This message has been edited by tdpolo (edited 05-08-2003).]
</font>
Good attitude - be firm but not rude.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old May 8, 2003, 9:37 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
NW does offer IFE / Movies on its Hawaii flights. It does not on other domestic flights.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lintemut:
On one flight I was booked on UAL. As I was listening to the in-flight entertainment and even watching a movie I thought NW never gave me this. If I ever flew to Hawaii with my daughter which flight would she enjoy more? </font>
Old May 8, 2003, 11:58 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
I must be an "oddball" agent as I am prone to "admit" if I don't know something to the customer. However, I will take a moment or two to find out answers from other CSRs if I have to.
So, if you feel you are getting unclear or vague information please ask the agent along these lines....

"I'm sure there's alot of information you have to know and try to remember on a day-to-day basis, however, could we please check with one of your coworkers about this question/issue?"

Who really can refuse a sincere request ?
Old May 9, 2003, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
I figured someone would speak up and give NW its due for Movies to Hawaii. Now just try to find an award seat that fits your schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.