Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Thanks but I am actually wondering if there is a lounge in YQB that we will can access.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by sierranevada
So trying to figure out if there is a lounge we can use in YQB. We are United Club members flying first class on United YQB-ORD-SFO?

Thanks
There is a common lounge that is run by the airport which AC guests can use. I am not sure if you will be able to on UA F. Can't hurt to ask when you check in. I have used it before the YQB-ORD flight on UA, but I am *G and was also traveling in F.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Derek
There is a common lounge that is run by the airport which AC guests can use. I am not sure if you will be able to on UA F. Can't hurt to ask when you check in. I have used it before the YQB-ORD flight on UA, but I am *G and was also traveling in F.
Both Hubby and I are *G so looks like it should work. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:19 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Uk-us-canada lounge access

Moved to the Consolidated Forum

Last edited by LE2; Nov 28, 2012 at 5:40 am Reason: Moved to the Consolidated Forum
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:03 am

Both Hubby and I are *G so looks like it should work. Thanks.
Am in the YQB lounge now. Was able to get in with Amex plat. I was rejected with my *g card as I am on UAX and not AC.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:24 am

Am in the YQB lounge now. Was able to get in with Amex plat. I was rejected with my *g card as I am on UAX and not AC.
Hmmm... so no *G - we also are United Club members. Guess I will ask about all available entries.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... I was rejected with my *g card as I am on UAX and not AC.
that was an error.
not a *A lounge so different rules are possible (and not really relevant to this thread)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
that was an error.
She said that the rules changed six months ago, and was quite certain. See http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/a-laeroport/salon-vip/
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:47 am

Hmmm... so no *G - we also are United Club members. Guess I will ask about all available entries.
Here are their entry rules. *G clearly must be flying on AC.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
She said that the rules changed six months ago, and was quite certain. See http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/a-laeroport/salon-vip/
just realized this discussion is about YQB's VIP lounge and not AC MLL. So not a *G lounge but rather a contact lounge which can have different access rules.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
YOW

An additional data point..............
At YOW, all transborder services operate out of a separate part of the terminal (due to US preclearance). RCC members and SA G* members are allowed to use the AC MLL in the domestic part of the terminal. Its a bit of a walk, and you need to allow 20 minutes to get to the transborder departure area, but with delays (like yesterday!) it can be a lifesaver!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
UA does give United Club access to transborder (international though not across the pond) premium class passengers (regardless of elite status) traveling on UA-operated flights. The transborder segment has to be premium class. My girl friend (without *A elite status) has had no problem using United Clubs when traveling in United Business class between US and Canada for the past a few months.
Pretty sure the answer to my following question is no, but I will ask anyway. I am flying YUL-ORD-SAT on a redeemed first class ticket. However, my YUL-ORD segment is in a single class plane. Will I be able to access the UC in ORD upon arrival and showing my onward first class ticket?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Pretty sure the answer to my following question is no, but I will ask anyway. I am flying YUL-ORD-SAT on a redeemed first class ticket. However, my YUL-ORD segment is in a single class plane. Will I be able to access the UC in ORD upon arrival and showing my onward first class ticket?
You might be able to use the UC in ORD if the UA boarding passed for the ORD-SAT flight issued in YUL has "INTL" or "I" somewhere on it.

The UC agents determine the eligibility of international premium passengers (including those to/from Canada) by checking for the "INTL" or "I" notationl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.