Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

PA/PB upgrade WL for sponsored upgrades with sponsor change from 1P to 1K

Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

My Mom and friend are flying to HNL this winter, and I put in mileage upgrade requests for them when I was a 1P. Some of their domestic connections to the west-cost have been confirmed, but they are still waitlisted for the trans-oceanic flights.

My understanding is that they are on the "PB" waitlist. But now that I am a newly minted 1K do the waitlisted upgrades automatically move to the "PA" list? (My guess is NO).

The specific flights they are on look wide-open in First with only a few First class seats taken so far (767-300 & 777, so 30+ seats total). Also E+ seems fairly lightly loaded, so I'm guessing there are not many elites on the flights yet.

Is it possible to move them from the PB list to the PA list so that they have a better chance of clearing?

Has anyone had experience moving an upgrade request from PB to PA due to a status increase? I have a hard time believing that it would occur automatically...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.