Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

First-Half 2012 MP Elite Cards will be Stickers (confirmed and stickers sent mid-Jan)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First-Half 2012 MP Elite Cards will be Stickers (confirmed and stickers sent mid-Jan)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
9+ pages of speculation on the "rumor" of one phone agent. I love it.
Don't really want to go back through all the pages of this thread, but has anyone actually confirmed that this is true? It's all good for posters to be upset if this is confirmed (I'll be hitting 1P from my current 2P in two weeks), but until then, why are people assuming?

Originally Posted by Transcon35
Note that UA Insider has not weighed in, and as someone else on this thread noted: The longer UA Insider takes to weigh in, the more likely that this terrible proposal is true.
How so? Unless you have other evidence to support your statement that you left out, the only thing that UA Insider not weighing in proves is that UA Insider has not weighed in.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Don't really want to go back through all the pages of this thread, but has anyone actually confirmed that this is true? It's all good for posters to be upset if this is confirmed (I'll be hitting 1P from my current 2P in two weeks), but until then, why are people assuming?
No one has confirmed this. This is all based on the rumor in the OP
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sticker suggestion

$16.98 per thousand..... now that would be some REAL cost-savings for COdbaUA!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by hobo13
Sticker suggestion

$16.98 per thousand..... now that would be some REAL cost-savings for COdbaUA!
Notice that it's not in stock. They must be way ahead of you!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
OT but is there a place in your on line account that shows the status expiration date? I looked all over and could not find it.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:51 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by emcampbe
...the only thing that UA Insider not weighing in proves is that UA Insider has not weighed in.
Precisely.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by exerda
They are sending out new cards; some have reported that they had their OP # on them (even if they didn't sign up with their OP # and only have a linked OP account).
Here's what I've been told concerning United Club cards. The initial production of cards had quality problems and the vendor is redoing the cards. Heard this at three separate PCs (two U.S. cities) and four separate RCCs (three U.S. cities) during the past two weeks. When I asked when I might expect to get my new lifetime card and whether it would have my M+ or my OP #, I was told that it would definitely be my OP # and that I shouldn't count on getting my new card this year.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
As a devil's advocate, what will prevent people from putting these stickers on UA *G cards that expired in Feb 2010/2009/2008...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Former CO Presidential Plat (for a day!)
Originally Posted by expressboy
As a devil's advocate, what will prevent people from putting these stickers on UA *G cards that expired in Feb 2010/2009/2008...
Different color sticker to match the current status?

Though I still wonder why we even have to show the cards when our Boarding pass has the latest info. I now do it as a reflex action... even prompting the reaction from the lady behind the *G lounge of "Oh, you've done this before, huh?"
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Contrary to the the OP, I just received a new card over the last week. The card was issued as a result of crossing 1MM in late October.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:35 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Maybe one reason UA is potentially holding off on new cards is that they don't want to send out two sets of drink chits? Or will they perhaps include drink chits in with the sticker/letter?

Originally Posted by Jet Yi
Here's what I've been told concerning United Club cards. The initial production of cards had quality problems and the vendor is redoing the cards. Heard this at three separate PCs (two U.S. cities) and four separate RCCs (three U.S. cities) during the past two weeks. When I asked when I might expect to get my new lifetime card and whether it would have my M+ or my OP #, I was told that it would definitely be my OP # and that I shouldn't count on getting my new card this year.
I got my new UA Club card in the mail a couple of days ago (renewed in early November), and it has my MP # on it.

I'm sure this means they'll have to send another one out with the "new" # (OPdbaMP) sometime next year.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:07 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, our migration to a single system in late first quarter 2012 will require that we extend the current Elite year for this short period of time until we can begin delivering the benefits of the 2012 program. We’ll be extending credential validity during this transition period so that you will continue to enjoy your Elite benefits when traveling on United as well as with our Star Alliance partners. We will have more details to share on this process and the timing by early January (or sooner).

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines

Last edited by UA Insider; Nov 30, 2011 at 11:08 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
worst decision ever.....no *A lounges will allow us to enter after JAN....maybe thats why UA is doing this to safe money from having to pay other lounges?
If I were *G and a lounge didn't let me in, I would just pay to enter and forward the bill to United. Since they didn't give me a card soon enough, they get to handle the headache of processing the paperwork to refund the lounge fees.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by STS-134
If I were *G and a lounge didn't let me in, I would just pay to enter and forward the bill to United. Since they didn't give me a card soon enough, they get to handle the headache of processing the paperwork to refund the lounge fees.
I would not get into the futility of the above suggestion other than to raise the issue that beleive most *A lounges (non-UC) do not have a fee entry option. For example LH does not.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thanks very much for the update! ^

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, our migration to a single system in late first quarter 2012 will require that we extend the current Elite year for this short period of time until we can begin delivering the benefits of the 2012 program. We’ll be extending credential validity during this transition period so that you will continue to enjoy your Elite benefits when traveling on United as well as with our Star Alliance partners. We will have more details to share on this process and the timing by early January (or sooner).

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.