Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:23 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Your paid first class flight will yield a 50% EQM bonus and a 50% bonus in redeemable flight miles; so you should reap 266 miles in each category. As WineCountryUA said, flying First will not get you the 500 mile minimum for this flight.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have the Mileage Plus Visa and a Continental voucher. If I book my ticket through the CO website will I get triple miles using my MP Visa? Or can I use the CO voucher on the UA website? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2011, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by axpmaluga
I have the Mileage Plus Visa and a Continental voucher. If I book my ticket through the CO website will I get triple miles using my MP Visa? Or can I use the CO voucher on the UA website? Thanks.
No to both. Sorry.

Also, the CO voucher likely can only be used on CO metal so if there are UA metal segments involved in the itinerary CO won't let you redeem it anyways.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
Originally Posted by danray
I'm a Continental Platinum and will hit 100K next month and have 0 miles on United. Any advantage to adding my continental miles to united now?
There is a link out there to transfer your status from one airline to the other - you then have status on both - I just transfered my Premium EX to CO and now have CO Gold and Premire ex. Should help a bit with upgrades and treatment.

Getting 1K on UA is very helpful.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
I can not get my UA 1K transfered to my CO account. Filled out the link to transfer, no go, emailed 1K desk twice, and now they tell me to call UA between 10:00am and 5:30pm CST, yeah like I am sitting around during the business day waiting to try to transfer my status for the the 4th time. Seems like it should be a little easier
Old May 2, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by LongingForORD
I can not get my UA 1K transfered to my CO account. Filled out the link to transfer, no go, emailed 1K desk twice, and now they tell me to call UA between 10:00am and 5:30pm CST, yeah like I am sitting around during the business day waiting to try to transfer my status for the the 4th time. Seems like it should be a little easier
Well, you can either call in and find out what is broken for the link or kvetch about it. Personally, I'd call if it was broken and sacrifice the bit of time to actually get the benefit. I'm sure you can find a few minutes during your busy day to make the call if you really want the benefit, right?
Old May 4, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Something is radically wrong.

On Monday I was on a CO flight operated by united.

On the united site my reservation never shows the upgarde pending/waitlist/confirm. On the day of I was on the board and number 7 on the waitlist.

The flight was a 757 and after the red carpet line boarded I was the only one not in F class. How could there be 6 spots above me not a minimum of a 1K?

Additionally, my return flight tomorrow shows no upgrade in the usual bottom right corner of the reservation. It to is a 757 and I've batted a great percent this year on 757 with my usually strong booking class.

Something isn't working. Who do I call?
Old May 4, 2011, 1:30 pm

Are mileage transfers from UA>CO and vice versa instantaneous? I know there is a 200k limit per day (in 1k increments), but any other restrictions? Thanks.
Old May 4, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
How bad is row 19 on int'l 767? SG has it red; is it that bad (for those who generally like bulkheads)?
Old May 4, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by slice
Are mileage transfers from UA>CO and vice versa instantaneous? I know there is a 200k limit per day (in 1k increments), but any other restrictions? Thanks.
Yes, I just did a 50K transfer from UA to CO and it showed up in my CO account immediately.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:25 am

Booking Engine

The CO Onepass booking engine allows you to book travel on almost any partner airline online. The UA engine only allows awards on UA, CO, US, or LH without using their call center/counter and having to pay a fee. I hope they combine both, to allow booking one ways and saver awards but also allowing booking partners online.
Old May 5, 2011, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by paulsomething1
The CO Onepass booking engine allows you to book travel on almost any partner airline online. The UA engine only allows awards on UA, CO, US, or LH without using their call center/counter and having to pay a fee. I hope they combine both, to allow booking one ways and saver awards but also allowing booking partners online.
CO has already announced that they are going to be offering the one-way options starting June 15 and the charts are going to be the same so that'll help. I'd bet that the CO bookings oneway work online come June 15 or shortly thereafter.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

I need to have a toll free phone number for the Premier Execs equivalent desk line at Continental.

The least I can say is that I am not happy with my experience flying with them. This is why.

Had an awful transatlantic last week no premium section, economy section full of ugly grumpy stewardesses, unpleasant like hell, never seen it like this. Plus a diversion to Boston - EWR was closed - stayed on the ground for a good while, more grumpiness from the stewardesses, refueling and finally off to EWR after a long while on the ground, flying low and slow and doing the round and round before landing at EWR.

I had missed my connecting flight to Orlando but so did everybody miss their connecting flights. I am here for the Space Shuttle. I got rebooked got on the plane and landed in Orlando past 11.00 PM got to airport hotel about midnight with 6.00 AM pickup for KSC and Shuttle launch (scrubbed).

With the Shuttle launch being scrubbed and the uncertainty as to the next launch (always the case) I had to change my return flight to Europe - second time around - original launch date was 19 April. Had booked these flights long in advance. Fare was not cheap at all. I wanted United flights. System always pushed me to Continental filghts.

This is where the question comes. I was charged 100 Euros - second time with second dates change - which is a true ripoff considering Elite status and all the trouble I had on the way over.

I may need another date change - third time - because Shuttle launch news still not firmed.

Is there a way I can get the 100 Euros rip off date change fee waived this time around???

Who should I call for this? What number (toll free would be better)?
How shall I proceed? What would you recommend?

I suppose if I call the United desk they will not be able to take care of this as I have got a Continental reservation.

Your suggestions and comments will be most appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Been United Elite since 1990, Millions of miles with several programs, Concorde passenger. Now I feel I am treated by Continental as Passenger Lambda as if I had never set foot on an airplane and a total newbie.

Grumpy Stewardess on diverted FRA-EWR flight: Have you ever been on a flight before???
Not only she was aggressive but also insulting.

ps: I hate this merger!!!!
Old May 5, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by CDG1
I need to have a toll free phone number for the Premier Execs equivalent desk line at Continental.

The least I can say is that I am not happy with my experience flying with them. This is why.

Had an awful transatlantic last week no premium section, economy section full of ugly grumpy stewardesses, unpleasant like hell, never seen it like this. Plus a diversion to Boston - EWR was closed - stayed on the ground for a good while, more grumpiness from the stewardesses, refueling and finally off to EWR after a long while on the ground, flying low and slow and doing the round and round before landing at EWR.

I had missed my connecting flight to Orlando but so did everybody miss their connecting flights. I am here for the Space Shuttle. I got rebooked got on the plane and landed in Orlando past 11.00 PM got to airport hotel about midnight with 6.00 AM pickup for KSC and Shuttle launch (scrubbed).

With the Shuttle launch being scrubbed and the uncertainty as to the next launch (always the case) I had to change my return flight to Europe - second time around - original launch date was 19 April. Had booked these flights long in advance. Fare was not cheap at all. I wanted United flights. System always pushed me to Continental filghts.

This is where the question comes. I was charged 100 Euros - second time with second dates change - which is a true ripoff considering Elite status and all the trouble I had on the way over.

I may need another date change - third time - because Shuttle launch news still not firmed.

Is there a way I can get the 100 Euros rip off date change fee waived this time around???

Who should I call for this? What number (toll free would be better)?
How shall I proceed? What would you recommend?

I suppose if I call the United desk they will not be able to take care of this as I have got a Continental reservation.

Your suggestions and comments will be most appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Been United Elite since 1990, Millions of miles with several programs, Concorde passenger. Now I feel I am treated by Continental as Passenger Lambda as if I had never set foot on an airplane and a total newbie.

Grumpy Stewardess on diverted FRA-EWR flight: Have you ever been on a flight before???
Not only she was aggressive but also insulting.

ps: I hate this merger!!!!
I'm about to leave United/CO for ever. The CO customer service is so bad it's scary. I've sent three status match emails in the past 4 weeks and never received a response.

The unpleasant jerk on the phone told me if the name is not exactly the same (i.e. Mike Michael) as United they wont even look at it. I asked him to take a look at what's going on and he told me there is nothing he can do.

I've been as low as 12th on the board on a 757 in the past 4 routes. I've never missed on this route on united on a 757.

CO is terrible. I'm one bad experience away from moving to American.
Old May 5, 2011, 8:15 am

Call the UA desk and have them transfer you. Or link your accounts and get CO Gold, too.

UA would charge you to change as well. Why do you think you shouldn't have to pay a change fee because your needs have changed? Certainly having 1P status doesn't change that.

Sure, the diversion sucks, but EWR was closed. Landing at a closed airport isn't an option. What does that have to do with wanting to change the date of your return flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.