F 0600 - 20:00
S 0600 - 20:00
S 1100 - 19:00
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Jfk senator lounge is the best lounge in the us. It is catered by do&co just like fcl and fct. Its 3 stories.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA-1K, CO-P, Marriott-P, Hyatt-P, National EE
I can echo the OPs experience... just after that new terminal had opened I tried to get into the LH lounge, showed them my UA bp, my 1K Card, my RCC card, none of it mattered... they said it was ONLY for their flight, and I needed an LH boarding pass...
Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: AC*SE / AA Gold / UA 1P /
Keep in mind that the lounge is only open when there is a LH flight, I was stuck at DTW this morning flying UA to ORD from 9am-2pm, was rather painful seeing the nice lounge all closed up.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:32 am

ATL is another option when a STAR Gold is traveling domestically.

I have used the ATL lounge twice now and it is pretty nice lounge considering the standard of most domestic lounges.

Dan
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I am a RCC member and have used this lounge at DTW a few times. They always direct me to the 'Business Lounge' side, won't allow access to the 'Senator' side, but that's fine with me. It's a very nice lounge - small but nicely equipped.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by airphone
Jfk senator lounge is the best lounge in the us. It is catered by do&co just like fcl and fct. Its 3 stories.
Which terminal is it? Is it the same terminal as UA flight?

Originally Posted by dan1431
ATL is another option when a STAR Gold is traveling domestically.

I have used the ATL lounge twice now and it is pretty nice lounge considering the standard of most domestic lounges.

Dan
Can you specify which lounge and the location?
Thank you.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 13, 2010 at 3:40 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Stezo
Keep in mind that the lounge is only open when there is a LH flight, I was stuck at DTW this morning flying UA to ORD from 9am-2pm, was rather painful seeing the nice lounge all closed up.
Looks like this has changed recently. I was stuck from 9a-2p as well waiting for a flight to ORD and the lounge was open and functioning. I was the only pax in there which made it even better!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by sjlin0121
Can you specify which lounge and the location?
Thank you.
I actually just tried it out for the first time yesterday. It is in Terminal E (take the tram all the way to the end). The lounge is on your left-hand side almost as soon as you get off of the escalator (it's before you hit the gate areas).

There are self-serve refrigerators with beer and sodas, plus wine and other spirits. When I got there, they had tea sandwiches and wraps, but they were never replenished. There are also two computer terminals and a lot of newspapers. The lounge is smallish, but it was only about half full.

However, FYI, according to the LH site, the lounge is only open for three hours prior to LH flights. Yesterday, as far as I know, there was only one LH flight, which left at 6:30ishPM. This worked out well, as my flight left at 5:58.

They will let you in with your *G card and boarding pass. However, someone should tell the UA TA's, because when I asked them, they told me I could only use the CO PC, and that LH lounge was only available if I was flying Int'l F or C with my *G card.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:11 pm
smn

Does anyone know the deal with LH contract lounges and *G? I am going to MCO and they have a contract with DL's lounge. On LH's website, when you select *G card, it shows this lounge.

Will I be able to get in? Or does this only work for actual LH lounges?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by dreidel
I actually just tried it out for the first time yesterday. It is in Terminal E (take the tram all the way to the end). The lounge is on your left-hand side almost as soon as you get off of the escalator (it's before you hit the gate areas).

There are self-serve refrigerators with beer and sodas, plus wine and other spirits. When I got there, they had tea sandwiches and wraps, but they were never replenished. There are also two computer terminals and a lot of newspapers. The lounge is smallish, but it was only about half full.

However, FYI, according to the LH site, the lounge is only open for three hours prior to LH flights. Yesterday, as far as I know, there was only one LH flight, which left at 6:30ishPM. This worked out well, as my flight left at 5:58.

They will let you in with your *G card and boarding pass. However, someone should tell the UA TA's, because when I asked them, they told me I could only use the CO PC, and that LH lounge was only available if I was flying Int'l F or C with my *G card.
What do you mean UA TA's?
So how did you get in?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sjlin0121
...So how did you get in?
Just need to show your 1P/*G MP card (and they may ask for a same day *A BP)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just need to show your 1P/*G MP card (and they may ask for a same day *A BP)
Correct - they asked for both my *G card and the BP, and wrote down my MP# as well as my flight number.

I may have used the wrong abbreviation in my last post, but the United Ticket Agent told me that I wouldn't be allowed in. However, once I got to the actual LH lounge, there was no problem whatsoever.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by smn
Will I be able to get in? Or does this only work for actual LH lounges?
It only applies to actual LH lounges that display a *G emblem. You must be traveling on an LH flight to use a contract lounge. At SEA LH contracts with BA for their lounge and you can't get in unless you're on the LH flight.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by dreidel
Wow, they didn't even get the international policy right, let alone general non-UA *G policy.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jwbbx
I am a RCC member and have used this lounge at DTW a few times. They always direct me to the 'Business Lounge' side, won't allow access to the 'Senator' side, but that's fine with me. It's a very nice lounge - small but nicely equipped.

Seems like they do not let UA*G use Senator Lounge at DTW although LH website denotes that *G may use Senator Lounge at DTW. Back in the days when LH was in NW's terminal, I flew on DTW-FRA once. Asked if I may use Senator Lounge, and they said I was not allowed. After LH moved to UA's terminal, I had another chance to fly DTW-FRA. Asked if I may use Senator Lounge, and they said no again. Business Lounge was not good when it was in NW's terminal, and it is still not good in UA's terminal. However I did not expect much given that Business Lounges in FRA are not good either. Anyway, DTW is not a good place to get on LH flight. IAD is much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.