Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 3P, Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, Hertz #1
At 6'6" and somewhere above 375, I find E+ to be very welcome.

I flew IAD - ATL on UA in E+ earlier this month but flew back on Delta in E-. It was very cramped in E-. It has been totally worth it to me to buy E+ annual for the past two years.

A co-worker was very gracious and has gifted me with 3P for 2010, so, I am looking forward to saving $300+.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:22 pm

thanks!

Thanks everyone for the input. We're 3P now. When I tried to select seats online, the E+ was full. I know that 3P can sit in E+.

I called into the main line to ask for my seats and they told me E+ was not available on the flights (weird). I called again and finally found a knowledgeable agent who helped out.

Thanks again!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stanford88
Thanks everyone for the input. We're 3P now. When I tried to select seats online, the E+ was full. I know that 3P can sit in E+.

I called into the main line to ask for my seats and they told me E+ was not available on the flights (weird). I called again and finally found a knowledgeable agent who helped out.

Thanks again!
What was the resolution?

guessing you are a new 3P and the system had not yet fully recognized your status (which can take up to a week), therefore blocking access???
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:20 pm

got the E+ seats. Weird thing is that I've been E+ for 3+months now. I hope it gets solved in the future.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:00 pm

E+ before Premier

A good friend of mine just finished a trip which should get him to 2P (his first time ever, and just in time). He is going to visit family tomorrow but I don't know and nor does he if his mileage will post by the time he leaves. He was wondering if he buys E+ to get the seat (the plane is full) if he can get it refunded if his M+ posts before the flight or even after the flight and he becomes premier?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
He could wait to buy the E+ "upgrade" until he checks in at the airport and in some cases even after he has boarded the plane. Once he pays though, I would say he is out of luck.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by expressboy
Once he pays though, I would say he is out of luck.
Agree. I know of a similar situation that did not yield a refund.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:25 pm

When I made Premier the first time, I asked the GA if I could ride in E+ for my qualifying flight. She obliged. (And this was SFO!)

Perhaps if you explain your situation (already made 2P, but miles not posted), the GA let you ride in E+.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by andymell
When I made Premier the first time, I asked the GA if I could ride in E+ for my qualifying flight. She obliged. (And this was SFO!)

Perhaps if you explain your situation (already made 2P, but miles not posted), the GA let you ride in E+.
If things aren't harried, I think that's a great idea. Now that DEQM is over, it's easy to see which flight is going to put you over the mark. I've found employees at UA very happy to assist people with elite-qualifying issues. When they pick up that you want to fly more with UA, something clicks. It's different than the normal "Why didn't my upgrade clear" or "Why can't I get on that earlier flight" request.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. 2P is not such a terrible place to be, and it's a significant improvement over GM.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by andymell

When I first passed the mileage for Premier, I had 2 legs to go to complete the trip, and in both cases, I wasn't given Y+. I had to wait for it to post.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by DullesJason
When I first passed the mileage for Premier, I had 2 legs to go to complete the trip, and in both cases, I wasn't given Y+. I had to wait for it to post.
Yeah, but as a former UA employee, didn't they just move you to #1 on the upgrade list and give you an op-up into F?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
Yeah, but as a former UA employee, didn't they just move you to #1 on the upgrade list and give you an op-up into F?
Hahaha. No.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
Should Economy Plus Seating Dictated?

Taking wife on her first European trip. United has limited availability in September/ October. Question... Is Economy Plus a neccessity for a TransAtl fight as I think it is or LH /CO/US economy seats better on int'l flights versus domestic.? Any input appreciated. Guess real question is should I let Economy Plus dictate when and where we go?

Only have 110,000 miles now.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Are you sure that availability is limited in September/October? I would then it should be wide open right now.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
I won't fly TATL or TPAC in economy unless in E+ or an exit row. That means for me UA on all intl flights with the family, as the kids can't sit in an exit. 4-6 inches of extra legroom is the difference between semi bearable and deadly for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.