Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I was in the new C cabin yesterday on IAD-FRA. I took a peak of E+, and noted nothing new except the cabin seemed to be refreshed (new carpet and new seat cloth?)
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by SiliconValley1k
Hello. Any experiences out there with the new coach cabin and coach seat features on the redesigned 767s with lie flat C class?
Same seats. Same service. Same (slightly crabby) pax. Different row numbers. Airshow map was spectacularly broken when I was on that plane the week before last.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: United Gold / 1.001 MM, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
February Hemispheres

Originally Posted by undersky
I thought they were adding digital entertainment system (opposite tape now), thinner more ergonomic seats, and a few touches? (I think I read about this on hemisphere. no, in fact, i am certain I read about this on Feb hemisphere, it stated the change not just in C/F but also in Y as well.)
Yes - February Hemispheres mentioned a new ergonomic seat in Y. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:11 am

Yes - February Hemispheres mentioned a new ergonomic seat in Y. Can anyone confirm this?
It's not different enough that I noticed.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:08 am
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Yes - February Hemispheres mentioned a new ergonomic seat in Y. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you.
I think it meant new as in new cushions and new covers, not new design. Also I believe that even though there is a new digital entertainment system to watch video on demand in all cabins, the actual TV screen in Economy didn't change.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by das
I think it meant new as in new cushions and new covers, not new design. Also I believe that even though there is a new digital entertainment system to watch video on demand in all cabins, the actual TV screen in Economy didn't change.
In order for the IFE to be AVOD, the screen either has to be converted to touch screen, or a new remote/control has to be installed.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
In order for the IFE to be AVOD, the screen either has to be converted to touch screen, or a new remote/control has to be installed.
No remote in Y on the first 76 conversion. Same screens, same channels, same whine on channel 9. Doesn't mean they couldn't retro it in later, but I doubt that will happen. They won't even give me empower back there!

Now that I think about it, there might have been new upholstery on the cushions (so the cushions themselves might also have been replaced.) I remember noticing some food stains on my seat as I took it.

But it is not, for example, the thinner Lufthansa/Swiss Y seatback or cushion.

I don't think Euro seats would accommodate US hinds anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 2:56 pm
das

Originally Posted by MrLincoln
No remote in Y on the first 76 conversion. Same screens, same channels, same whine on channel 9. Doesn't mean they couldn't retro it in later, but I doubt that will happen. They won't even give me empower back there!
Is it AVOD, or do the movies play in a loop? I know the airshow is new but not sure if the movies are AVOD or not.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by das
Is it AVOD, or do the movies play in a loop? I know the airshow is new but not sure if the movies are AVOD or not.
Obviously, it's not AVOD. Like I said, in order for it to be AVOD, UA either needs to change the screens to touch screen or add a remote control to it.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Lightbulb Work in Progress - New 767 Steating Thread

I flew N647UA from FRA-IAD on 12FEB08 in E+.

Some thoughts:

IFE in C was broken again.

"MAP" has some interesting bugs: Metric conversion has some errors, height in meters is low by a factor of 10 and ground speed shows km/h as slower than mph (ex. 500 mph showed around 320 km/h), the path shows the last 15 minutes, then a beeline back to the source airport.

Seats in E seem to be newly upholstered but not new, the screens in E are old, the IFE controls on the chairs are same. Carpet is new.

They have 3 point seatbelts in F and C, I have never seen that before.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:41 pm
das

Originally Posted by HaeMaker

Seats in E seem to be newly upholstered but not new, the screens in E are old, the IFE controls on the chairs are same. Carpet is new.

They have 3 point seatbelts in F and C, I have never seen that before.
Is there AVOD in Y?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by das
Is there AVOD in Y?
I haven't flown on it, but the answer is no.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by das
Is there AVOD in Y?
No. Exactly the same. Map is a new app, but the screens are the same, the chair control is the same, and you get channels of movies.

Oh, one more thing, they did have a safety video, but it failed part of the way though, so they did it live. This is how I knew about the 3 point seat belts in C and F (or maybe just F). They are required to use the shoulder belt for takeoff and landing, but I believe it is optional during flight.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:34 pm
das

Originally Posted by HaeMaker
No. Exactly the same. Map is a new app, but the screens are the same, the chair control is the same, and you get channels of movies.
Interesting. So Y has the new "digital IFE server" but still the same functionality as before. Geez UA really fooled me in their press release about Y enhancements!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Here are some of the photos I took on Feb 10 IAD-FRA:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/10407551@N08/qQGCNk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.