Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the EMB-170

Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mtrainer90
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the EMB-170

Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:39 pm

Programs: UAL M+
Glad to hear it is a comfy plane to fly on.
I have a trip at x-mas with my ord-hpn leg and back on the 170 in F. I'm sooo looking foreward to it. Glad to hear the good feedback!
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K
I haven't had the pleasure yet. But it is nice to hear that there are some comfortable small planes
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Yes, great little planes. Almost arguably better than the 735's they have flying around. All that's lacking in IFE (i.e. Channel 9!)...
Old Sep 24, 2005, 10:18 pm

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
The "Baby Airbus" is one nice aircraft. The seats are wider in coach than on a Bombardier. I did have drink service on my IAD-ROC flight last month. Not too bad but I do not drink whilst flying.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: UA-1K(BIS), Marriott-Platinum Premier, Hertz-PC, Fairmont-PC
I just had my first experience with E170 from ORD to RSW. No food at all. On the return trip yesterday we were offered a snack pack for breakfast. The seats were comfortable and service was excellent. Much better than the normal regional.

Dennis

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
For those of you who haven't tried the E170 in F yet, I say go for it. I was a bit skeptical at first, but was very pleased with a recent ORD-YOW flight in 2A.

The seats are nice and comfortable, the overhead storage large enough for my fairly large carry-on, etc. The only mediocre thing is the snack box; I could take it or leave it.

But for a flight of about 2 hours it's a great way to fly. oooo much better than a CRJ any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 7:35 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Great Trip

I just flew EMB170 in FC for the first time yesterday from MSP to IAD. I THOUGHT I was going to have a CRJ, but I was surprised to see this luxury regional jet pull into the gate!

The FC is awesome.. well worth 2 500-milers. The seats are so comfortable, and if you get 1A or 2A (which I had), you basically get a window and a aisle seat at the same time.

The drinks were flowing and the meal was surprisingly good. It was a small box like the ones Ted has, but it said "first class" on it. It had some onion crisps, bruchetta mix, gruyere cheese, chewy almost nougat thing, mixed nuts (sadly, my nuts were not warm ), and some other stuff. The poor folks in coach had to watch us eat and drink as they stopped serving them drinks due to turbulence.

The flight was a bit over 2 hours, but it flew by. By far, the a bargain for 2 500-milers.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
A follow up to my last post. I flew the 170 again from IAD to DFW a few weeks ago, this time in seat 3A.

I have to say, while I loved FC, if you can get a seat in row 3, you do NOT need to upgrade. You've got so much leg room, it just wasn't that much more comfortable up in F. So if you can get row 3, bring some food on board and save your upgrades for something better.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:24 pm

Get to finally fly on one of these next week (2x actually). Eager to see if it lives up to they hype.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Get to finally fly on one of these next week (2x actually). Eager to see if it lives up to they hype.
My recent flight from Albany to ORD sure lived up to the hype. As an earlier poster noted, being in 3C helped a lot. I could fly this plane for longer distances without a problem.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:18 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Rollaboard space on EMB-170?

Flying EMB-170 tomorrow morning, explus configuration.
Can I carry on my rollaboard, or will I have to gate-check it?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
If it's "legal" (21" length or shorter), it should make it. The overheads are pretty roomy.

If it's one of those "plus-sized" rollaboards (like 30" length), then it might not.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:23 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks for the fast reply, Tigger!

So it's just a matter of length, then. I don't know exactly the length of mine, but right now I'm the only passenger in F, so if the key issue is length then I figure that worst case is I can put the rollaboard in sideways (the way the picture shows with an X on it).
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Yup. Should be fine sideways. My 21" rollaboard fit fine.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P-MM
The overhead bins are kind of funky. I've only been in F on the E170, but I think it works the same all the way to the back of the plane. The bins are much bigger / deeper on the right side of the plane (facing forward) than on the left side. You can fit a normal rollaboard on the right, but not on the left. The bins on the left are fit for small bags and jackets.

It's best to board early to get overhead space.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:09 pm

It only works that way in First. Around row 3, the bins start to swing out and by row 4 or so you can pull rollaboards on both side.

The bins are shorter on the A side in First because of the way the aisle is spaced with the 1-2 seating.

BillJ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.