Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
As of Feb18th, the seat map issue is not fixed. Furthermore, the ICC may be seeing the same thing, as I asked for seat on the single side of the plane and got 16C, which I then checked on my reservation as appearing to be single side.
Having the same issue. Emailed the 1K Desk in January, and was told that it should be fixed within three weeks.. That time-frame has already passed
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
On some recent ER4 flights, I've noticed many couples puzzled why they weren't seated with their spouses.

I just checked all my ER4 flights, and they all display the correct seat map.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 6:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Booked a flight on an ER4 yesterday and it has the correct seatmap ^ I'm also glad to see that as a 2P I can select 1A.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
As agents we are seeing the same thing in our system.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
I emailed United about the issues with the ER4 seatmap and they replied with:

Dear Mr. CMK10,

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the seat map for our ERJ-145
aircraft. This is indeed an error and the map should reflect 2 A alone
then 2B, C being conjunctive. This error has been reported to be fixed.
Wonder how long it will take for them to fix it?
Still seeing the seatmap issue

Flew on the ERJ recently, and saw this on the armrest..

Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:12 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Still seeing the seatmap issue

As did I back in March but when I looked for an audio jack, I couldn't find one (tho fwiw, there is an armrest release button for the aisle seat "outside" armrest)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
As did I back in March but when I looked for an audio jack, I couldn't find one (tho fwiw, there is an armrest release button for the aisle seat "outside" armrest)
How do I find the release, if sitting in 12A?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Pretty standard for every 145 I've been on. I can only imagine that in another life, they had IFE? Not since I've been flying them, at least
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
How do I find the release, if sitting in 12A?
Same way I did sitting 12A-I looked for it as it made it so much easier to get out of the seat. It's in the "armpit" of the armrest and it was funny to see some of the other pax pulling up on their armrests as if there was a pressure/pulling release to it .
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by 323power
Pretty standard for every 145 I've been on. I can only imagine that in another life, they had IFE? Not since I've been flying them, at least
Back in 2003-2004 I was on the ER4s a lot and the XM worked back then. Those were the days! I only saw RJs on flights under an hour. Since 2010 I am on ER4s and CR2s for flights close to 3 hours, with no XM.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew STL-IAD last night and was offered the choice of 1A, 6A or 6C. I took 1A and found it to have less legroom than I thought I remembered from AA ER4s. Plus as we were boarding the FA told me "I may have to move you to the back unless we're full. Really, that seat should be empty unless its the last one left". The cynical side of me read this as "I want to sit there instead of my jumpseat"
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
UAX ERJ-145 seating arrangement changed?

Hi folks,

I'm going DEN to LIT on flight 5814 in a couple of weeks. The aircraft is an ERJ-145. Every time I've flown on a UAX ERJ-145, it has had the 1 by 2 seating configuration with the single seat being the A seats on the left side of the plane.

What's odd is that when I go to my reservation on .bomb and look at the seat map, it has row 1A and 2A on the left side as single seats and then it switches to row 3C through 19C being single seats on the right side of the plane. In other words, except for rows 1 and 2, the single seats are exactly opposite from all the other ERJs I've been on. Has anyone taken this flight recently that can verify the seating arrangement? I've looked on seatguru and other aircraft seating sites and none of them shows this different arrangement. I just don't trust the seat map on .bomb.

Thanks,

Ed
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by EdatLAX
I just don't trust the seat map on .bomb.
And rightly so. This has been a bug on the web site for the past few months.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I contacted the 1K Desk in January about this issue. They said that it should be fixed within a month, and to be in touch if I kept seeing the wrong seat maps. IME, 70% of my ER4 flights have the correct seat map..
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:44 pm

UAX ERJ-145 seating arrangement changed?
It's an ongoing issue: See this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html) starting with post 31

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.