Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
the ER4 is a long (many months) standing problem
mentioned in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html
and (the previousily sticky on united.com problems) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...omplaints.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Does 1A have a bulk-head wall in front of it? I hate not being able to stretch my legs out. I'd rather 2A if it's the case. Can anybody clarify?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
Does 1A have a bulk-head wall in front of it? I hate not being able to stretch my legs out. I'd rather 2A if it's the case. Can anybody clarify?
It does indeed have a wall.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
It does indeed have a wall.
Thanks for that! 2A it is for me, then.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but I am always a little leery about sitting in the first four rows of this particular aircraft when the load looks light for fear of being asked to move for "weight and balance" considerations.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but I am always a little leery about sitting in the first four rows of this particular aircraft when the load looks light for fear of being asked to move for "weight and balance" considerations.
Oh, I'm aware of that. It's still early days. I think I'm the only one on my flight so far. There's still 4 months to go though...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
I emailed United about the issues with the ER4 seatmap and they replied with:

Wonder how long it will take for them to fix it?
3 of my 4 145 flights this month are now showing the seat map as correct. Maybe it has been fixed? Of course the one that is not right really makes you wonder.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by BBFD
3 of my 4 145 flights this month are now showing the seat map as correct. Maybe it has been fixed? Of course the one that is not right really makes you wonder.
As does my flight on Feb, 12th (12a is the "solo" both on my itin seatmap and on the setamap on the bomb itself) so looks like this bug has been squashed.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:02 pm

Mine is also showing the AB-C seating arrangement rather than the (correct) A-BC arrangement.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:47 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
Mine is also showing the AB-C seating arrangement rather than the (correct) A-BC arrangement.
Did you try the clearing cookies 'n cache option and re-logging in? I just re-checked my itin seatmap and it is showing correctly as A-BC.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
Did you try the clearing cookies 'n cache option and re-logging in? I just re-checked my itin seatmap and it is showing correctly as A-BC.
I just checked it and the seat map is fixed now, not that it makes much difference since we all knew it was incorrect anyway.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'll be flying on this aircraft for the first time next month, and just wanted to get some idea of the amount of legroom in 8A. Besides 8A, are there any other seats that are recommended?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'll be flying on this aircraft for the first time next month, and just wanted to get some idea of the amount of legroom in 8A. Besides 8A, are there any other seats that are recommended?
Why 8A? If anything I would think you'd go for the exit row 12A. Just wondering.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by buaya00
Why 8A? If anything I would think you'd go for the exit row 12A. Just wondering.
12A was already taken.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:50 pm
MCB

Programs: UA former 1P, WN A-List, Hyatt Pt, HH Au, Marriott Ag, SPG Pt, Accor Pt, IHG
UX (ExpressJet) ERJ145 seating question

I'm on UA6151 (BTA6151) on Friday DEN-LNK. Every ExpressJet ERJ145 I've been on has had seating A|BC, that is, the single seat on the left and two seats on the right. SeatGuru shows only that config and I've never seen any other (although my experience with ER4's is not that great). The seat map for my flight, though, shows AB|C. I like the single seat and took 15C, but is that likely to be correct? Has anyone seen a "mirror image" ER4?

I've been on a zillion CRJ200s, but this is maybe my 7th or 8th flight on a ERJ145.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.