Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United Express CRJ-700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The CRJ-700 is essentially a stretch CRJ-200 / CL-65.

FIRST CLASS CABIN
First Class is two rows of 1+2 seating. The lefthand side is A and the two righthand seats are D(Aisle) and F(Window). Seat width is given as 19". The paired seats have a wide armrest, but not as wide as that found on the domestic First seat. Probably an inch less or so, and no sculpted little "tray" for drinks.

Pitch is officially given as 37" and this looks to be about right for Row 2. Row 1 has about 40" or so.

There are overhead bins along the right side of the First Class cabin, and they are the same size as those on the CRJ-200. Anything bigger then a laptop bag/briefcase/purse will need to be gate checked.

ECONOMY CABIN
The seats are 2+2 and are covered in blue leather (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). E+ seating is rows 7-9 and row 18 and have 34 inch pitch. All other economy rows have 30" pitch.

Related thread
Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United Express CRJ-700

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2004, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
united.com's computers assume all UAX equipment is all-Economy, so you can't upgrade online.

Just call UA Reservations and they will take care of you.

And here is some CR700 Seat Info you might find helpful.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just flew on my first CRJ700 yesterday, IAD-AUS. As an experienced UX flyer ex-LGA and ex-IAD, I've flown on all types of UX planes, but my experience has been limited to flights operated by ACA for the most part.

My flights yesterday LGA-IAD-AUS were my requalification legs for BIS 1K for the year and I decided to burn some E-upgrades on both legs, A320 LGA-IAD and CR7 IAD-AUS.

I would have to agree with the above posters that:

1) The CR7 F seat is more comfortable than many of the domestic mainline F seats.
2) The CR7 upgrade is one of the best (if not the best, imo) uses of 500 mile upgrades on longhaul domestic flights. Mileage from IAD-AUS is 1294 miles, a long time to spend in a cramped RJ economy seat.

Some additional notes - I'd say seat 1A is the best choice of F seats. The legroom is extremely generous and the seat pitch is fantastic. I can't speak about the service in the cabin, as the seats were so comfortable that I fell asleep immediately after takeoff and didn't wake up until the FA tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to return my seat to the upright position for landing!
Old Aug 11, 2004, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I agree. 1A was fab; had it in both directions.

They did have wine on plane (and chex mix), & since I was in F wasn't charged for wine. Would recommend eating before flight though since chex mix doesn't get you very far.

I brought along my noise-reduction headphones & put them on. Even though there was no IFE, it did reduce the noise (which helped when there was a chitty-chatty child in row 2 - talked the entire flight).

I used CR1s since I wasn't willing to take a chance on not getting the upgrades (LAX-DEN-BNA).

Cheers. Sharon
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:03 am
Suspended

CA UX CRJ's-700 With FC?

I know SkyWest has been putting CRJ-700's on some of it's California routes. Does Kai or anyone else know which routes from SFO/SMF/LAX/SAN now have this equipment with FC on a regular schedule basis?
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:35 am
Original Member

I don't believe that UAX Skywest is operating anything other than the old EMB-120s on the SAN-LAX route yet....That is the only UAX route out of SAN. Everything else (SAN-SFO, SAN-DEN, SAN-ORD, SAN-IAD) is mainline..
Old Feb 6, 2005, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Kai has noted a few of their birds have gone in for the F and E+ refit. Where they are currently serving, I do not recall, but I imagine SAN-LAX will never see them (EMB-120s and CRJ-200s are plenty for that route).
Old Feb 6, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by DreamlinerI
I know SkyWest has been putting CRJ-700's on some of it's California routes. Does Kai or anyone else know which routes from SFO/SMF/LAX/SAN now have this equipment with FC on a regular schedule basis?
The only aircraft that is scheduled with a First Class cabin departure out of California on SkyWest is SFO-AUS. LAX sees no SkyWest CRJ700's until April 3rd when LAX-SAT inaugurates service, and that will have First/Economy Plus at that time. SAN may see CRJ700 service in the future, but for now none is expected

Currently, CRJ700's operate ex-SFO on:
SFO-SMF (3x daily)
SFO-BOI (1x daily)
SFO-BUR (2x daily)
SFO-SLC (1x daily)
SFO-AUS (1x daily)

Effective February 15th, the following CRJ700 city pairs will be added:
SFO-YYC (2x daily)
SFO-RNO (1x daily)
SFO-PDX (1x daily - upgauge from CRJ200)
SFO-SLC (1x to 2x daily - upgauge from CRJ200)

Also effective February 15th, the following CRJ200 city pairs will be added:
SFO-COS (2x daily)
LAX-RNO (increased to daily)
SFO-PDX (replaces 1pm 737-500)

April's started to firm up - but things may well change before then. SAT is for sure, AUS gets upgraded to mainline, and ***only rumored*** YVR may introduce a CRJ700 frequency. But only time will tell

Happy Travels!
Kai
-----
The opinions expressed within my posts are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, SkyWest Airlines, or those of our major partners, United Airlines or Delta Air Lines, respectively. Partnership with Continental will cease shortly.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
One of the three RTs DEN-FAT currently uses a CR7, and on 1/24 at least, it used the N715SK which has E+ and F.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gld. US Gld.
Any chance that MSN will get either the CRJ700 or new ERJ170? Right now I know they use the BAE146, which, IMHO, the ERJ170 would be ripe to replace. They also use some smaller RJs, but I forget which ones. All I do know is that if they started using RJs with an E+ and F to run MSN-ORD, that could make me switch over from AA.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Thanks for everyones' info. Kai, I will be going to SMF via SFO about once a week for the next several months. Can you tell me the FLT#'s of the CRJ-700's so I might schedule them in my itinerary.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DreamlinerI
Thanks for everyones' info. Kai, I will be going to SMF via SFO about once a week for the next several months. Can you tell me the FLT#'s of the CRJ-700's so I might schedule them in my itinerary.
FYI, you can also access that information using EasySchedule or the new EasySchedule Online here.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
...on the SAN-LAX route yet....That is the only UAX route out of SAN.
+ that one IPL flight a day don't forget .

Last edited by HeadInTheClouds; Feb 6, 2005 at 6:14 pm
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:03 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I had the CRJ700 F "cabin" experience SFO-SMF this past weekend. I heard them announce an equipment change and ask all pax to check in, got moved up a couple of rows--thought op-up for a moment until I realized I'd spent miles to u/g another segment that day. Maybe on a longer flight F would be "worth it" on those planes, but that 20 minute flight it felt like E+ on any other plane and nothing more. Still, it was a pleasant surprise compared to my JFK-IAD CRJ knees-in-the-seatback flight this morning.

I wonder if the "equipment change" was actually that they were rotating in a finished conversion rather than a swap for some other reason?
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:00 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by exerda
I wonder if the "equipment change" was actually that they were rotating in a finished conversion rather than a swap for some other reason?
Well, essentially. The finished aircraft fly the line until all are finished conversion, at which point all SkyWest CR7 routes will have F and Y available for sale in availability, and at which point we will revert to handling the aircraft exactly as United would handle it in regard to upgrades, Economy Plus seating etc. (with notable exception that we don't block middle seats in E+ because, well, we don't have any )

United's easySchedule would be the best way to keep current on information regarding what routes the CR7's will be deployed on, as it's even difficult for me to keep track

Happy Travels!
Kai
-----
The opinions expressed within my posts are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, SkyWest Airlines, or those of our major partners, United Airlines or Delta Air Lines, respectively. Partnership with Continental will cease shortly.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by UAX@SFO
The only aircraft that is scheduled with a First Class cabin departure out of California on SkyWest is SFO-AUS. LAX sees no SkyWest CRJ700's until April 3rd when LAX-SAT inaugurates service, and that will have First/Economy Plus at that time. SAN may see CRJ700 service in the future, but for now none is expected

Currently, CRJ700's operate ex-SFO on:
SFO-SMF (3x daily)
SFO-BOI (1x daily)
SFO-BUR (2x daily)
SFO-SLC (1x daily)
SFO-AUS (1x daily)

Effective February 15th, the following CRJ700 city pairs will be added:
SFO-YYC (2x daily)
SFO-RNO (1x daily)
SFO-PDX (1x daily - upgauge from CRJ200)
SFO-SLC (1x to 2x daily - upgauge from CRJ200)

Also effective February 15th, the following CRJ200 city pairs will be added:
SFO-COS (2x daily)
LAX-RNO (increased to daily)
SFO-PDX (replaces 1pm 737-500)

April's started to firm up - but things may well change before then. SAT is for sure, AUS gets upgraded to mainline, and ***only rumored*** YVR may introduce a CRJ700 frequency. But only time will tell

Happy Travels!
Kai
-----

Don't forget SFO-SNA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.